Question about new vs. old relationship.

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Mike walker, Aug 26, 2015.

1. Mike walker

Mike walker Fapstronaut

In California, we start school a little early so I went back to school on the 24th. Meeting a lot of new people and I met this one girl in particular. She is absolutely gorgeous and has a similar personality to me, however I do love my girlfriend and know that although I may enjoy my time with this new girl, my current girlfriend is amazing and will provide me with much more happiness. In the past I would have fapped about this new girl to get over her, however now I'm unsure what to do. Any advice would be appreciated.

2. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

Stick with your current girlfriend and do not masturbate thinking about the other one (or do not masturbate at all).

On the 24th? So this was only two days ago? There are many gorgeous women everywhere, and do you really think you can already judge her enough to tell whether her personality is similar to yours? Even if it was, this doesn't have to mean that you would make a good couple. And if it isn't, you might notice things you don't like about her very quickly, because you're holding on to a picture you created of her, while the reality is a lot more complex.

Nevertheless, I hope your hormones will settle again with passing time and with getting to know that other girl better (in case that will happen at all).

3. Mike walker

Mike walker Fapstronaut

thank-you very much, great advice!

4. 8BitsOfStuggling

8BitsOfStuggling Fapstronaut

Think about how she feels if she knew you fapped to her. Problem solved.

5. wildwood

wildwood Fapstronaut

Imagine if you're girlfriend did the same thing, how would you feel? It's called a crush. You only like her because she's new, you don't know her flaws, annoying habits, pet peeves. You truly don't know her like you know your girlfriend. Think about that.

6. Mike walker

Mike walker Fapstronaut

Thanks everyone, I appreciate it!