1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Progress Report- 'Pickup' with a Twist

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Buzz Lightyear, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Buzz Lightyear

Buzz Lightyear Fapstronaut

Well, all I can say is meeting girls is ridiculously easy. Today, chatted up a coffee shop girl who was off the charts attractive. Joined her table where we spent a good couple of hours together. All from a response to a smile. And this is coming from a guy who not more than two years back struggled to meet any girls. Who inhabited an emotional wasteland.

Looks [or age for that matter] do not really matter. I am in my 40s, shortish, with greying hair [but I am fit!], and yet I manage to attract all these twenty and thirty somethings. It has got to the point where I can not keep track of the dates I am making, and am having to cancel the odd one.

Here are the differences I have made in my own life, which has seemed to make all the difference in meeting and attracting woman:

• Intensity, unflinching eye contact, not being in your head, smiling unashamedly when given the opportunity, seizing the opportunity
    • holding the eye contact in conversation. This is the test of your substance here... are you the real deal? Can she find you interesting/ intriguing? You do NOT have to do anything flashy. Hold your ground. You are the man. Provide a platform. let her talk!
    • You are the real deal, by being present, P-free, in the flow, spontaneous
    • Getting used to talking to beautiful woman
    • Enjoy the feminine energy

2. Temujin

Temujin Fapstronaut

Great to hear things are going well.

From this I have learnt to hold eye contact and do more approaches.

Get as much experience under my belt as possible.

3. Buzz Lightyear

Had a date with train girl last night. It went OK, but I wasn't really feeling it. I'm finding now I'm needing to 'screen' more; no point getting the date for a date's sake. So after seeing her off after a nice dinner together, I hit the bar. As I went alone, I went straight to the bar, and started talking to a chap who was also there by himself. We then teamed up with another guy, and managed to talk to a few tables of girls in the course of the night. I had some conversations, but at the end of the night had no follow up dates [and only one fickle number]! Compared to the copious of dates I find during the day, the bar scene seems like so much more work! Plus by focusing on 'day game', one can be both healthier and wealthier! ha ha.

The guys I were with proved to be more of a liability than an asset with the woman. One of them was simply too drunk. Why do men feel the need for 'Dutch courage'? What are they afraid of??

Today I have a coffee date with an off the charts girl I met yesterday in a café. Generally speaking, the quality of the girls you meet during the day are better.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
  4. Mr. Sir

Mr. Sir Fapstronaut

Subbed. This is very inspiring man. I need to work harder at my cold approaching!

Buzz Lightyear likes this.
  5. Buzz Lightyear

So I'm on the subway. I cute girl gets on, and decides to sit next to me.
    Proximity! When a girl puts herself within shooting range, open!! In effect, she is opening you!

So she whips out her phone, looking very busy. I give it a couple of minutes, not too long as am getting off in a few stops. I ask some banal question about directions. She very studiously and formally checks her smart phone for the subway map. Gives me the information. I say thank you, and then look to start a conversation with some small talk. She replies curtly and coldly, and goes back to her phone. I leave it for a few minutes, and then start the conversation again. This time it hooks; I get the eye contact, the smiles, and warm conversation ensues. I have two stops to get the number. I get the last digit just as the door is about to close, and scurry off.
    Do not react negatively to this coldness. It's a normal response to a stranger. Take it on the chin like a man, politely, give her a little space, then try again. The three strikes and your out is a good rule. Most people that approach give up after the initial 'cold blast'. When you weather it, and step up to the plate again, you are showing what you are made of.

So she replies to my text, and after half an hour of back and forth we have the date organized for tonight.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2016
    TakingTheSteps likes this.
  6. Temujin

Temujin Fapstronaut

I like the three strikes and out rule. Going to try and use it.

7. Mr. Sir

Mr. Sir Fapstronaut

Would the situation you described be considered a shit test? I find this very interesting because I was trying to start a conversation with a girl before my calculus class started. She was on her phone, doing nothing in particular, just waiting for her friend to get out of class. In conversations I try to make them lopsided and get the other person talking more. I'm a good listener and I'll interject every now and then, keeping the mood light and directing the conversation. But this girl in particular had nothing to say. I'd assume I need a more dynamic approach to conversation.

8. This is a really great thing to remember, thank you for bringing this to light. Women, especially attractive women, are used to getting hit on by creeps all the time. So if a woman is cold to you, you shouldn't take it personally, because she knows nothing about you yet. It's not you she's being cold to, it's the idea of potentially being harassed by some annoying creeper.

Good on you, Buzz, for learning this lesson and not taking offense. :) If we ladies didn't have this natural, conditioned defense... well, we would be taken advantage of constantly and never have a moment to ourselves. It's not something to get annoyed about and it's not something that should discourage you from trying again with that girl or with other girls in the future. Just be glad that the person you're trying to connect with is smart enough to be able to take care of themselves and have respect for themselves.

yoyo1 and Buzz Lightyear like this.
  9. Buzz Lightyear

Not really. I think a 'shit test' is more a calculated move to 'test' whether you are the real deal or not. You will most probably see that sort of thing in the bars/clubs where woman are can be in a more defensive mode.

Often that bit of coldness you get in cold approach is just an unconscious reaction. It is cold approach after all. And your job is to warm it up, and to provide a space in which she feels comfortable to talk. And yes, once she is warmed up, let her talk.

TakingTheSteps likes this.
  10. Buzz Lightyear

I'm not sure what is in the city's water, but cold approach was insanely easy this weekend. But then, maybe something has changed in me since being P free.
    • My head is clear, I am less needy
    • I am enjoying the company, and not concerned about the outcome
    • Thinking less sexually, and more in the moment
    • Girls picking up on the above,
    • Able to see their attraction level build
    • Able to communicate/ sub-communicate with emotions [easy to say in theory]
    • Them actually initiating the text half of the time
    This morning, I noticed a girl noticing me. It would have been so easy to start a conversation. Just couldn't be bothered. ha ha

For those who are thinking about putting yourself out there and beginning cold approach, I'd say just start with the small things like smiles, eye contact, greetings, holding doors open, carrying the shopping bags for little old ladies. It shouldn't take too long to be getting those dates lined up. It took me a year to get good at it.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  11. shutdown66

shutdown66 Fapstronaut

I agree with Buzz in regards to his theory that you NEED to get out and about and meet people, being a loner somewhat I have forced myself to go to coffee shops alone, become more social with my few friends and NoFap has helped me with this too, because even if you relapse a few times, your psychology changes each time you attempt NoFap.... I love it to be honest, I feel more alive and more receptive.

I myself, have recently met a girl, I met her whilst I was on day 10 of my last streak, we've been texting and stuff, but last week, I decided to grab the bull by the horns and called her, phone conversation is fun and sexy and I never even knew it could be, I would recommend a phone call once you get to know a girl a little better.

Tomorrow I am going on a date with the girl and am really looking forward to it.

Buzz Lightyear likes this.