Needing Reassurance!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by vycanis, May 27, 2016.

1. vycanis

vycanis Fapstronaut

I'm almost 20 and have social anxiety (day 29 btw).. My mentor and enlightened friend who has almost done two years of nopmo told me to talk to girls when I'm in the right mindset (mentally content) because girls will pickup on my emptiness.. when I was 18 I had severe depression and anxiety and now I'm not exactly content but I'm far from being depressed. I'm weanin of my anxiety medication and unlike others who do this I don't feel the side effects because I'm an athlete so I fitness twice a day and play tennis the rest of the time.. I also eat three healthy meals a day, lots of fruit, two salads, and no sugar.. Despite all this health, I feel emptiness when I keep to myself, I don't make friends with the other athletes and I've never had a one on one talk with a girl that resulted in a strong connection even momentary. I have an edge on other guys with SA in that if I tell myself "tommorow I am going to approach a girl" I will do it because I've approached like 80 girls or something when I experimented with this "pickup" thing that guys are doing. I stopped doing that a few months ago cuz it got me no where.. my passion is tennis and I maintain the rational mindset a girlfriend won't give me happiness, but social capabilities will. I want to approach a girl when I'm feeling ready.. However I feel like I've done enough to be ready but when I think of my mindset when I talk to a girl, I feel like a connection is impossible.. I know nofap is a side thing and u shouldn't be reliant on it to fix ur problems but since I am effective in lots of areas of my life, also including meditation, yoga, reading 1 hour a day I kinda wanna ask desperately will day 60 of nofap give me superpowers against my social anxiety?

2. The Progressive One

The Progressive One Fapstronaut

There are no "superpowers." NoFap reveals your TRUE character. It unleashes it. Sure you gain some perspective on life and you might even change your views on certain things from reading stuff here. But the bulk of who you are stays with you regardless of how long you do this challenge.

You're an athlete. That's awesome. Now it's time to get a job or a degree (or both). Now is the perfect time and place to make a living and move out of your parents' home if you haven't already. Women want a doer - a guy that takes them, looks them and the eyes, and paralyzes them with confidence. A large bankroll is integral to that confidence. Work hard, party harder! Women will come (no pun intended =D) But now you have to start a career and establish the financial foundation for the rest of your life.