1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Mental Block? Write it out

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by The Consigliere, Mar 25, 2024.

1. The Consigliere

The Consigliere Fapstronaut

I’m in real estate and I happened to host an open house with another agent on our team. We’re close in age. Both young, single, attractive and new to the business (a few years), so a lot of room to grow.

We’re both still growing. And we work well together. But I’m not here just to have romantic relationships with other agents as I’m still figuring things out myself.

However, I find this woman very attractive and we both have a lot of similar qualities. I don’t think there’s any chemistry right now as we’re still getting to know each other. We don’t see each other a lot. But there’s room to develop a friendship along with our professional relationship.

But after the open house was over and I’m back home trying to get some work done, I couldn’t get her out of my head.

What I ended up doing was grabbing some pen and paper and poured my brain out and everything I felt about her onto the paper.

I finished, folded the paper up, and stuck it in a drawer. My mind cleared up and I was able to take care of business.

As you’re on this journey, if you’re sitting there and something is stuck on your mind, just write it out.

2. Joseph Campbell

Joseph Campbell Fapstronaut

Lol, your real-life situation is like a common fantasy trope on phub- that's great that you have enough awareness developed around your urges to recognize where your mind's going, and then to have the discipline to do something about it to mitigate the situation- Kudos good sir!

Ghost️ likes this.
  3. Ghost️

Ghost️ Fapstronaut

I used to do this and then light the paper on fire.

4. Itsuki

Itsuki Temporarily Suspended

Hahaha burn the sin with fire and stomp on the ashes, ha!