1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Liege Blåhaj's fasting and weight loss journal

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Liege Blåhaj, Jan 18, 2024.

1. Just gonna use this journal to log my fasting and weight loss journey. Goal is to lose 150 lb. Lost 20 lb already. My goal for the month was 15 lb, so I already surpassed it. A lot of that weight was probably water though as insulin holds onto water and fasting lowers insulin, thus reducing the amount of water in the body.

Anyways currently on day 2 of a 2 day water fast.

HealingBodyandMind likes this.
  2. Completed two day fast. Now going on a 16-8 IF schedule until next week's fast.

3. Met my weight loss goals for January. 15.1 lbs down. Having a cheat day today as a reward. Then back onto the diet. This month I'm definitely cutting out the bread.

Over 1 month no sugar and no seed oils today.

4. So much temptation to break my fast. I tell myself instead "Fasting will make me healthier" and I do something else. Just now I had an urge and did some tapping. It helped.

5. fredisthebes

fredisthebes Fapstronaut

Congrats on your weight loss so far! Can you tell me more about the tapping technique you used?

6. Thanks! I've lost another 7 lbs since the beginning of the month. Weight loss is going smoothly.

Here's the website I've been using to learn more about tapping: https://www.thetappingsolution.com/tapping-101/
    It's a technique used in various therapies to help deal with difficult emotions. You tap different parts of your body such as the top of your head or at your eyebrows. I find it also helps when dealing with urges too.

fredisthebes likes this.
  7. Reset on my diet today. Was feeling bad, eating made me feel better. That's withdrawals right there lol. Made it 7 days no bread, hope to make it longer this time.

8. Somehow still lost weight despite eating two meals and bread yesterday.
    Took my first cold shower in a while this morning.

9. Ate bread and another meal today. Oh well. These things happen. Going to try to fast all day tomorrow.

10. Ate bread again this morning.

No bread is a much tougher battle than no sugar.

11. Lost 8 pounds this month!

12. Joseph Campbell

Joseph Campbell Fapstronaut

Dang, two days, and you say it like it's noothin'... Well done. So do you do the 16-8 daily and then fit in an extended fast once a week?

I have a similar, but much wimpier, protocol to that. I try to go 12-14 hrs fasted through the night and morning, with a 20-24 hr fast thrown in there every week.

So difficult! How do ya do it, if you don't mind me asking?? Did you work up to two-day fasts, or just kinda pull the trigger once and realize it's nbd... And beyond tapping, what has helped with the occasional craving while fasting?

Any tips of the trade would be much appreciated!

Liege Blåhaj likes this.
  13. Actually trying for three days then 16-8 the rest of the week. Managed 2 and a half days two weeks ago, but blew off the extended fast this week. Gonna try for 2 and half again this coming week and build up to 3.

Hey that's nothing to sneeze at! That's much more healthier than what most people doing. The only reason why I'm fasting multiple days in a row during the week is because I got a lot of weight to lose. After I reach my ideal weight, I will moderate it.

I worked up to it. I've tried just jumping in like that and it's never worked before. Have to gradually build up the discipline and get your body used to fasting. But hey, might work for you if you wanna give it a try. This is just my experience.

It's helpful to have stuff to do during your fasting days. Make sure you aren't sitting around doing nothing. You are gonna get tempted. But if you have things to do that engage your attention and your interest, it's much easier. Also it's helpful to remind yourself of your goals during the day and especially when you get food cravings. I have an urge journal where I write them down. I then read my reasons for wanting to fast.

I also have a number of short meditations that help. Focusing on the breath, open awareness, doing a tonglen practice for myself and people struggling with food craving or hunger, doing a reflections on repulsiveness meditation and imagining the food you want to eat as rotten or spoiled. Those all help.

Joseph Campbell likes this.
  14. Didn't lose any weight last month. No worries, I made progress in being able to fast for longer periods of time. Just ended my fast today. 66 hours. Gonna try for 72 hours next week.

15. Joseph Campbell

Interesting, I've argued with myself about whether to do a fast on a quiet or busy day- I like your theory. I think it probably is easier if you are distracted with life. However, I do like the way in which my mind gets real quiet during a fast- if I had less cravings, I feel like a quiet day would be nutritious too, because I could work through some deeper thoughts and feelings.

Anyway, another question for yeh!... Do you do just water? Or have some tea or elytes, etc.? I remember Ram Dass saying in a book once that his teacher Maharajji always said that "it's good to have a little something", by which he meant like tea or lemon water. I know others, like fighter George St. Pierre, recommend just water though...

Any thoughts on this?

16. Oh definitely. I like fasting on quiet days too. Good days to do some meditation or other type of spiritual cultivation. Can be difficult though, especially if you aren't doing much and sitting with your thoughts all day and/or aren't used to fasting. That's something you can work up to, if you find it difficult. Then again, maybe you won't. Always worth it to give it a try!

Sometimes I do just water. Most of the time I drink some tea of some kind. Black, green, mint, dandelion root, hibiscus, stuff like that. Has to be zero calorie with no artificial sweeteners. Sometimes I even drunk flavored seltzer water during fasts. I haven't found a difference between fasting with tea/ seltzer or fasting with just water.

Joseph Campbell likes this.
  17. Joseph Campbell

Dope! I'm at the point that staying busy and sipping some tea seems necessary- just did a good 26 hours or so earlier this week tho! And I needed it- three tests and a presentation to focus on this week for college shtuff, as well as an overworked gut from excess caffeine and nicotine- feeling much, much better now.

Next week I think I'll go 24 hours or so with just water, and see how she goes...

Thanks for the motivation!