I get bored easily

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Jrmz94, Feb 15, 2024.

1. Jrmz94

Jrmz94 Fapstronaut

What are some ways you deal with a boring life?

2. cyberman

cyberman Moderator Assistant Staff Member Moderator Assistant

I started BJJ and that helped alot. Also started playing the trumpet again after many years.

EmperorLaStrang and Jrmz94 like this.
  3. Be Inspired

Be Inspired Fapstronaut

I go to a lot of 12 step meetings. And have a full-time job. Also am active in the recovery community. Try to go on long daily walks. That pretty much takes up most of my time.

Syphax and GeorgeJetson like this.
  4. EmperorLaStrang

EmperorLaStrang Fapstronaut

BJJ is huge for dealing with boredom. If you can afford it do it.

I need to get back into it

cyberman and Be Inspired like this.
  5. HealingBodyandMind

HealingBodyandMind Fapstronaut

I work full time, go to the gym 4 times a week for 30 minutes, go to a church group once a week, and occasionally will go out to the bars (but not drink), or I will come here on NoFap and respond to posts. Also occasionally I’ll watch a movie

Syphax, GeorgeJetson and Be Inspired like this.
  6. drac16

drac16 Fapstronaut

I watch sports (mostly hockey). It may not be the most productive thing in the world, but it takes my mind away from the stresses of daily life. It's how I relax.

Syphax, GeorgeJetson and Be Inspired like this.
  7. IGY

IGY Fapstronaut NoFap Defender

What is it? :confused:

8. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

There's nothing wrong with being bored. It makes you more creative and thoughtful.

9. EmperorLaStrang

EmperorLaStrang Fapstronaut

Brazilian Ju Jutsu o_O

da fuq u think it is playa?

10. tomyrenato

tomyrenato Fapstronaut

Well in my experiencie, work could help you, but is not all, also talking with people, but you need to know who to talk about some things, going to the gym or if you dont like to do a lot of that just walking, traveling could also help.
    Christ bless you all.

11. ItsSeal

ItsSeal Fapstronaut

Plan some main habbits/activity's in during a week that you can do every week. In this case, you do not have to think every week about new activity's which you can do. In the time between those habbits you can be flexible with other activities. I have made a list where I can choose from. It helps if you have a job, then you also have some money to do all those things. But remember; a man whose pleassure are the cheapest can be the most happiest (well... it was someting like this, forgot the quote a little bit!). So ask yourself; what makes you happy and what can you do every week? And overtime, make that list longer and longer!

12. GeorgeJetson

GeorgeJetson Fapstronaut

Huge hockey fan here. I also have kids in youth travel hockey and play in a beer league myself. Between all of us, it definitely keeps me busy.

13. i will make it!

i will make it! Fapstronaut

Try dopamine detox, i have been a gamer whole my life, nowadays games feel boring and everything in life aswell.
    Just started detoxing, yes i feel more bored now but i have so much time to do more stuff like reading books, and it is said that it will get easier and these boring stuff will become more and more enjoyable as my brain regulates excessive dopamine.
    The only concern is that am not sure if this will help me more with nofap or it will make it easier. I guess i should try and see.
    I would love to hear what people think of it

14. Yin&Yang-Yūki

Yin&Yang-Yūki Fapstronaut

Everything feels boring,

Greetings flatline anhedonia