How can i live my life without worrying about tooth decay

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by RealMe, Apr 12, 2019.

1. RealMe

RealMe Fapstronaut

I am gonna be 24 in few months. I had a bad oral hygiene up until a couple of months back before i went to a dentist first time in my life for sensitivity in one of my molar teeth while biting food. she found that i had multiple cavities in all four of my molars in my lower jaw. But nothing was painful except one tooth. i got 6 filling in those 4 molars.

The reason i believe for my cavity is that i used to drink milk just before i go to bed and i didn't brush my teeth at night or didn't even rinse my mouth with water. I had this habit of not drinking water while or after eating food and went to bed straight away which leaves food particles deposited on my teeth while sleeping which caused decay.

she filled 2 teeths and her husband who is also a dentist filled 2 more tooths in next visit. And i also got my teeth cleaned there(lot of plaque deposited on my teeth). But the dentist had never taken any X-ray to see how bad the cavities were and they just drill it and fill it. But when i ask about it he said cavities are not visible in X- rays( which i found out later is not true at all). i do feel some of the fillings are unnecessary.

I believe the dentist i got treated was money minded, the reason is that one of the filling(class 2 cavity, in between two teeth) broke twice within a span of 2 months(The second time he filled it in a way that there is no gap between two teeths and i couldn't be able to floss there and sadly it broke within 10 days). In the third time he want to do a root canal and crown for that tooth. i got suspicious and went to a new dentist. The first thing he did was X ray that tooth where the filling is broken. He said that tooth need just an inlay(which is a partial crown and no need to do a root canal). In this way i can keep my lot of original tooth structure. He explained why the filling is not suitable in that case.

I was really short on money that time and i asked him if he could do a new filling for that tooth. He said, " i could do my best but you need an inlay in the future if it broke again". Its been a month since i got a new filling and i am really taking care of it well.

The problem is that I found two more small cavities( small black dot or line in the biting surface of two premolars). It probably been there for a long time but i never noticed.

It didn't give me any pain but i am worrying about it a lot. I look at other people teeth while talking to them and asked my parents if they have any decay. My parents never went to a dentist for tooth decay. My mom has one dead tooth and my father has two missing molars and they never cared or worry about it.

But I am really worried about my filling and decay. i am really depressed thinking what if i have a missing tooth in my future, afraid of root canal and implant. Its like I have an OCD. I also obsessed about washing my hands often with soap and give more importance to cleanliness while making food and i don't eat in any restaurants. I am physically fit and have good grades in my school before I ruined my college life with pmo. It is better now thanks to this community and the people here.

I know i am never going to get my twenties back and i really want to live without any worries but i couldn't. I worry more about my tooth deacy than pmo now a days.

Please please tell me what you think about my situation and give me some good reason not to worry about tooth decay and please tell me how to live without worrying?

I also want to know your experience about tooth decay if any and how you taken care of it and all. Please!

2. All you gotta do is brush you teeth daily and floss every couple days. It's easy and inexpensive.

P.ABDUL RAHMAN and RealMe like this.
  3. Brush your teeth two or three times a day with good technique. Floss once a day. Don't leave bits of food stuck between your teeth. Cut down on refined / added sugar as much as possible.

Go see a dental hygienist sometime and make sure they give you plenty of advice about brushing and flossing technique etc. The info is probably online as well, make sure it comes from a good source.

boylejake and RealMe like this.
  4. RealMe

RealMe Fapstronaut

Thanks brother. Now a days i brush twice a day and floss once in 2 or 3 days. I wish i could have done this before i got cavities.

boylejake likes this.
  5. RealMe

RealMe Fapstronaut

Thanks mate! Thanks for your advice. I will follow it.

boylejake and (deleted member) like this.
  6. You should floss every day, especially if you're this worried about oral hygiene. I think if you're so worried about it, you should floss every time you brush, which should be twice a day (one after breakfast and one right before bed).

Also make sure you're brushing correctly, as per your dentist's instructions, and replace your toothbrush often.

7. RealMe

RealMe Fapstronaut

Thanks mate. I really appreciate it. I have seen couple of videos on youtube about how to floss and brush correctly. I am doing it very religiously now a days. Thanks again.

boylejake and (deleted member) like this.
  8. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

Floss daily.

boylejake likes this.
  9. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

I'll say the person to give you a perfect explanation of this is the latest dentist you went to. Ask him/her what she thinks of your teeth and the worries you have. He/she gladly give you a good explanation.

RealMe likes this.
  10. modern milarepa

modern milarepa Fapstronaut

Why am I even replying to this I just saw this is from two years ago.

Grovald likes this.
  11. RealMe

RealMe Fapstronaut

Thanks for your reply mate. Thinking of dentist, I should go and check my teeth since it's been more than a year. Thanks again.

12. I was about to reply to one of the other comments and say I agree with them, and then I realize that comment was mine from an old account.

13. USER_ERROR

USER_ERROR Fapstronaut

I saw an article recently where they successfully made a synthetic tooth that is better than the real deal if you are lucky maybe by the end of the century you will be able to get your hand on it.

Jybos likes this.