1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

How can I find a little bit of meaning in my life?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Itadori Yuji, Mar 26, 2024.

1. Itadori Yuji

Itadori Yuji New Fapstronaut

Hello everyone
    I just want some piece of advice from people around the world,I want to know that how do you find meaning in your life?

2. Itsuki

Itsuki Temporarily Suspended

I would also like to know peoples' answers to this.

3. Do meaningful things.
    To yourself and to others.

One random act of kindness at a time.

Joseph Campbell likes this.
  4. Reallynx

Reallynx New Fapstronaut

Hey there! Finding meaning in life is all about exploring what makes you happy, connecting with others, pursuing passions, and constantly learning and growing. It's different for everyone!

Joseph Campbell likes this.
  5. GhostRider@11

GhostRider@11 Fapstronaut

Leaving yourself behind, loving someone so much that you are willing to die for their happiness, when you dedicate your life to someone else, suddenly you get meaning for your existence.

Or better way, dedicating your life to a subject, like devoting your entire life for betterment of humanity or betterment of a technology or some other social cause. Just don't live for yourself, but for someone else. You will find meaning in life, if that's what you are looking for.

Freedom fighters devoted themselves to the nation, Albert Einstein devoted himself to physics, Nicola Tesla devoted himself to understanding energy.

The more you run behind your happiness, the more you suffer, devotion to God or some other cause just frees you from that meaningless run for happiness. Without purpose or goal in life, there can be no meaning. When you have a goal to work for, all your actions become meaningful, you can always say I am doing this for this goal, you cannot have will power without a goal, will is always directed towards something.

Meaningless is same as aimless, so get a aim and focus all your energies into achieving it.

6. Rudolf Geyse

Rudolf Geyse Fapstronaut

I would never force this on anyone, but since you asked: I love the Biblical worldview because I don't have to "invent" meaning in life, there is objectively meaning designed into life.

Meaning consists in doing what we were designed to do ie. fill the earth and rule over it well in relationship with our Creator. When God created people they were enjoying the life, work and relationships He provided.

This was messed up by our sin and our running away from the good Creator.

God fixed this by sending Jesus to deal with the consequnces of sin. By believing in God who saves us from the worst things in us, we are restored to that ideal. Even though we still deal with hardships in a fallen world, we can again fill the earth, rule/manage it well, each of us in our spheres of influence, and enjoy life, work and relationships under God again.

Bingles likes this.