Day 101 of hard mode, change in interactions

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Other Side, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Other Side

Other Side Fapstronaut

I did 33 days before a relapse and now am on 101 days since then. Before all that, I was super extroverted, always tried to start conversations, but said some dumb stuff, and was often ignored or shot down. Now, people will come up to me and start lively conversations, but I am actually a much more quiet person than before. A lot of the time lately, I feel like I am doing all the listening and only saying one or two short statements. I am so at peace that it's hard for me to get into the mindset or the excitement of whatever conversation, especially if it's negative. It feels awkward sometimes, as if people are coming to me to start a conversation and expecting me to talk along with the same vibe as them. But all I want to do is just relax, listen and observe.

I don't really know how to handle this in the best way. Any advice from other NoFap'ers?

Edit: I meant to put this in the rebooting forum, sorry about that.

Deleted Account likes this.
  2. kitty fukr

kitty fukr Banned

Because during your madness the mind was confused, and reckless. With a regulated consciousness your brain is becoming more efficient. Even god says that a person who talks alot is less wise than someone who needs less mouth words to get his point across.

Third_Eye and Deleted Account like this.
  3. JensDK42

JensDK42 Guest

Nice going. I'm not sure if meant that you are 101 days clean or about 60 days clean. Either way, peace is fantastic.
    If I may give you my advice: just be confident in your new behavior; You aren't behaving badly.

4. Thanatos

Thanatos Fapstronaut

Some people might be expecting you to match them.
    A lot of people match the vibes that other's are throwing out, or more they try to and usually make a mess of it. It's a trick you can use on people, match their vocal tones and subject matter and then shift it towards what you want to talk about. A good way to learn about what people expect of others is to watch the way that they treat others. Theres a lot of their psychology reflected in this.

But anyways, just be sure of yourself and maybe they will match your peacefullness.
    You don't need to be codependent with them and cater to their expectations.