1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Attempt #3986425796 and counting…

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by RobFromBrum, Mar 21, 2024.

1. RobFromBrum

RobFromBrum New Fapstronaut

Hi guys, I’ve tried NoFap a hundred times by now but never joined this forum and I’m really going to try for serious this time!
    (I know what you’re thinking already )

Any tips for a beginner? I think I’m on day 3, I just kind of started without thinking of starting and I feel like it is the right way to begin for me.

Thanks for making this a safe space!

Orphan and The Plan like this.
  2. Plan ㋛

Plan ㋛ Fapstronaut

Welcome @RobFromBrum, I'd say keeping up with a journal helps or you can try the 'challenges' section, the give & take support from this community is beneficial if you can be a part of it, learn from each relapse (what made you do it? so next time you can pass that test & try to keep the damage to a minimum), no lusting. Abstaining from PMO is just one thing, you have to improve other/all areas of your life too, gradually i.e. sleeping pattern, cleanliness, diet, exercise, work, hobbies, social life, etc.

Wishin' you the best on your journey.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2024
    Orphan and RobFromBrum like this.
  3. Orphan

Orphan Fapstronaut

Hi @RobFromBrum, @The Plan has given you some great advice there.

Figure out what your triggers are, and your worst times, and make plans to deal with them.

Start doing the stuff that gets you re-engaged with life and people. PMO addiction isolates us, and one way (maybe the most important) is to get involved again. Look for things that meet at least one of the following criteria:
    • Something fun;
    • Something you're good at;
    • Something important (you decide what that means);
    • Something for someone else, without thought of reward.
    Hope this helps, wishing you all the best for your reboot.
    ~Orf

RobFromBrum and The Plan like this.