30 Days! Huzzah!

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by RoddyB3147, Sep 2, 2014.

1. I joined NoFap about a month ago, after roughly 5 or so years of struggling with PMO. I wanted to make an attempt to go my Senior Year of High School without relapse, as I failed numerous times during the summer.

Well, I started this task on August 3rd. I made sure to use all resources available to me to conquer this task, specifically K9 web protection.

Lo and behold, it's now 30 days since I've done PMO. I'm really happy to say this, because It's the longest I've gone without it in roughly 3 years. I credit this accomplishment to starting this around the same time as school, and being too busy to have too much free time on my computer.

I can safely say that I've noticed some changes in the 30 days also.

- I've been more social now, than any point in schooling.
    - I've actually been able to get along with girls more, without having any thoughts arising.
    - Finally, I've discovered that PMO is really just a short term thing, and everyone is better off without it in the long run.

As nice as this goal was, I can't just go back now. I don't have a reason to. 30 days is a start, but it's nowhere near where I want to be.

To anyone reading: Doing something like this is NOT easy. I had rough days, where I almost relapsed, but I fought through it. That means you can too. I believe everyone here on NoFap can achieve the goal of abstaining from PMO, but everyone has to start somewhere. Don't be upset when relapse occurs, dust yourself off and keep pursuing your goal.

I can't guarantee I won't relapse, but I'll try my damndest to avoid it from happening, and you should to.

Deleted Account and Oliver3140 like this.
  2. itsme!!

itsme!! Fapstronaut

Well done for the achievement man not an easy thing to handle! Also don't take this patronisingly...but you're brilliant for doing this early on in your life. The path you're on will stand you in great stead for the future :)

good luck, and god bless!

3. StarKing

StarKing Guest

4. jazzphanatic

jazzphanatic Fapstronaut

Congrats, Roddy. I'm currently in the process of completing 30 Fap-free. I'm like a 1/3 in and reading your success story gave me a dose of motivation that I need to keep going and to hang in there. Thanks for posting and good luck with your continued success!

5. Thank you for your stellar example. My takeaways:

- Internet filter
    - Busy
    - Social
    - Healthy female relationships
    - Long term outlook

Thanks!

6. shazbgd

shazbgd Fapstronaut

Inspired by seeing this

7. krazykhan786

krazykhan786 Fapstronaut

Congrats. :) Now extend it to 90 days !

8. nuskavise

nuskavise Fapstronaut

9. HispanicMON

HispanicMON Fapstronaut

I've only heard one person use "huzzah"

10. It's kinda like saying Hooray, Hoorah, or Hurrah.

I heard it's a British thing, but I'm not British, I just like saying it.

Huzzah!

11. Your story sounds strikingly similar to mine! I just started my senior year and decided to join NoFap just before I started to ensure I would be very busy. I'm not too far in, but I'm feeling confident, and hearing about your success gives me even more strength to carry on, keep it up!

Oliver3140 likes this.