1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

90 DAYS ULTRA MODE

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by SunDrew, Jan 28, 2016.

1. SunDrew

SunDrew Fapstronaut

90 DAYS ULTRA MODE:

Monday February 1st, I will start a new lifestyle. I will put a counter on my signature during this self induced challenge. This came into light after today when I was having a deep existential crisis. I realized that if I do not push myself further than what I am now, I will never change. I must change. I have all sorts of goals and aspirations but I make excuses and lay on the couch watching TV.

I tell myself that if I lived on my own and not with my mother, I’d eat healthier. That’s one of many excuses I’ve made recently for myself. It’s all bogus. I’m the only one that can change myself. I’m the only one who can make the changes into living the life I want. This is how I’m going to start.

First I will do many of these EVERYDAY. Some of them I will do during the week only.

· MORNING AND EVENING RITUALS EVERYDAY. I do this no matter what. I have two separate morning rituals drawn out. The only variance is one of them, I workout at the gym in the morning and the other I do not. This is a weekday task only. What is my morning ritual?

Morning Ritual (with workout):

• 5:00am: Arise. Make bed. Put contacts in. Take probiotic. Drink water. Brush teeth. Put lotion on skin.
      • 5:10am: 5 Tibetan Rites (21 repetitions each)
        • Clockwise Spin
        • Leg Raise
        • Kneeling Backbend
        • Table Top
        • Pendulum
      • 5:30am Head to gym for workout.
      • 6:30am: Leave gym by this time.
      • 6:45am: Arrive home. Make breakfast: Oatmeal w/ Flax seed, Nutritional Yeast + Keto Smoothie. Maybe eggs. Breakfast is pretty open to me for nutrition.
      • 7:00am: Cold shower.
      • 7:15am: Meditate.
    o 7:30am: Leave for work.

**Morning ritual II is the same thing except it starts at 6am and there is no workout.

Evening Ritual:

• 9:00pm: Fill water bottle for next morning
      • 9:05pm: Lay out clothes for tomorrow
      • 9:10pm: Pack Lunch for tomorrow.
      • 9:20pm: Floss, brush teeth thoroughly.
      • 9:25pm: Plan tomorrow. Write groceries down or food needed for tomorrow.
      • 9:30pm: Read for 15-30 minutes. Depending on how tired I am.
      • 10:00pm: Lights out.
    **This ritual takes about an hour. It can be varied to later or earlier. Flexibility is the key to maintaining.

· NO PMOING. This is final. If I even as slight as edge a little, it’s done. I’m going ultra mode in discipline. I can’t give myself an inch or otherwise my ego will take a mile. The ego always wants more, so why give it a little?

· EXERCISE. I will do some form of exercise EVERYDAY. I have a workout plan drawn out for myself. There really is no excuse to not going to the gym other than feeling sorry for myself. Here is my workout routine.

o Monday: Lower Body. Why? Because everyone seems to do upper body Mondays. I’m going against the mainstream. I also finish my day with Hill HIIT on the treadmill. If I don’t have enough time in the morning session, I will do this in the afternoon. I definitely have 20 minutes to spare. No excuses. I have an apartment gym.

o Tuesday: Upper Body A. Maybe some cardio. Depending on how the legs feel. Go to listen to the body.

o Wednesday: Yoga (30-45 minutes). There’s a plethora of videos online for yoga. There really is no excuse for not doing it at home. I will also do a 4-6 mile run. Again, no excuses.

o Thursday: Lower Body. No cardio today. Giving the lungs a break. Maybe doing some deep stretches post lifting.

o Friday: Upper Body B. Working the upper body in a slightly different way than normal.

o Saturday: My long run day. I will run 6-10 miles. I’ve been building my endurance back up so maybe 6 early on. But I must move my distance up weekly until I hit 10 miles.

o Sunday: Yoga (30-45 min). Do I have 30-45 minutes at home on a Sunday? Of course I do. Fitness is priority.

· DIET. Nutrition is the key to having a strong body. Without the proper nutrients, a strong body will decay. People used to think that you could burn off your calories if you just worked out enough. This couldn’t be further from the truth. It’s essential to have nutrients. The body could become inflamed if you have poor diet. You know how people who drink a lot seem puffy? It’s all inflammation. The body is retaining water. I’m not going to go into details about nutrition. I will eat an anti-inflammatory diet. This is pretty much a paleo diet. Except, my paleo diet will be mostly plant based and have no grains. I have a skin condition on my arms and sometimes I think that it is because of a grain allergy. I have not gone long enough without grains to be able to know this.

· MEDITATION. The mind is a battleground. I must conquer it. Meditation is exercise for the mind. I will say a positive affirmation or verse when I meditated and stay focused on that. My meditation sessions will last from 15-20 minutes.

· COLD SHOWERS. Cold showers, every day. NO EXCUSE. Cold showers are the key to arising in the morning full of energy. Wake up tired? Jump in a cold shower. It’s bound to wake you up.

· READ ONE BOOK AT A TIME. I get side tracked to easily when reading. I think I’m reading 4 books right now. If I focused on one book at a time. I think I could crank a book out in a week. It would also help me maintain interest in the book I’m reading. The only exception is my spiritual book by my bed that I read before going to sleep. Everything else. ONE BOOK AT A TIME. My goal is to crank out a book a week. Monday February 1st is my start date.

· FOCUS ON ONE PROJECT AT A TIME. Too often I burden myself with trying to do 3 different projects. Whether its learning a new skill or writing my book. I need to focus on one at a time and dedicate myself to it. If my focus is fragmented, so will my work. My reward for finishing my projects is not just the gratification of finishing but also being able to move to the next. I have the rest of my life to learn so many things. There’s no rush. I must focus on my current projects.

2. SunDrew

SunDrew Fapstronaut

Check In Example:

Diet: Yes. Breakfast: Oatmeal, Lunch: Salad, Dinner: Roast beef.
    Current book: The Art of Memoir, Read two chapters today.
    Workout: Went to gym after work. Did lower body.
    Morning and Evening Routines: Yes.
    Cold Shower: OF COURSE.
    Current Project: The memoir I'm writing. My goal is to write 500 words a day.
    Meditation: Yes. Meditated in the morning.
    NO PMO: Owned today.

Mighty Wolf and WarriorScarr like this.
  3. BrainPlasticity

BrainPlasticity Fapstronaut

Ah, nice post. You remind me so much of myself! so I can't take you seriously on the protocol you set for yourself. This Ultra mode of yours is very similar to my SuperHuman Mode:
    http://nofap.com/forum/index.php?threads/i-am-super-human-a-6-month-journey.40318/

I hope you're different from me but let me tell you what happened to me. Whenever I relapsed, I felt guilt and regret, but that fueled me to learn from my mistakes and create a new self-improvement habit protocol that I promised myslef to stick with everyday. But time has a healing factor; eventually the frustration, novelty, and motivation fades away; also the urge for PMO/MO/sex increases dramatically after day 7; so later I give into my feelings and relapse. Then I restart the cycle after a few days of binge PMO.

If you're like me I'd suggest not to take on too much too soon. I had to swallow my ego, be patient, and accept a slow progress by just focusing on noPMO. So try to surpass 30 days of celibacy first by giving it your all, you'll be strong enough to take on the rest after that.

4. SunDrew

SunDrew Fapstronaut

What are my goals during this ultra mode?

1.) I want to finish the first draft of my memoir by this time.
    • If I write 500 words a day. That's 90x500= 45,000. If I do a little more on some days say 600 words every other day. 1000 words on others. I have a draft done. The minimum is 500 words a day.

2.) I want to be able to do all the fitness events I wish.
    • I want to do the Spartan Race, Tough Mudder, GoRuck Challenges, hell even an ultra marathon. This will require me to not only nutritionalize my body but I must be consistent in training.
    3.) I want to have control over my mind.
    • This will only be done through meditation. My new affirmation is "I am defined by my actions. My actions are controlled by my thoughts. If I cannot control my thoughts, how can I control my actions?"
    4.) Read approximately 12-13 books during this period.
    • Books are virtual mentors. Theres a lot to learn from. This is about a book week.

5. SunDrew

SunDrew Fapstronaut

I've already made it past 45 before. I relapsed though. I know I can do this. I've done all of these things individually in my life before. I've just never been able to get it together. Now it's time for me to put everything together.

6. AmeVirupa

AmeVirupa Fapstronaut

This is awesome @SunDrew! Good luck! I struggle with many of the same things. This inspires me to challenge myself again to keep on fighting.

7. Justince

Justince Fapstronaut
    NoFap Defender

Woah you're lucky to have a gym an hour's away from home. Make good use of it while you can

Anyways about ultra mode, don't beat yourself up if you ever give up or edge. Think about how far you made it and embrace it first before moving on.

I choose not to go ultra mode and forgive myself if I ever catch myself edging unconsciously but if I fapped, its game over for me. The mind do tend to work on itself sometimes and you'll catch yourself edging. If that happens, stop immediately.

Thats my advice. And its been almost a month since i last fapped :)

8. Dude. Your plan sounds hardcore. Just don't wanna see the counter reset to zero again xD Let's go that path. What I usually do is when I wake up I eat some carbs so I can use my exercice bike to burn 50 calories. I got some problems with my back since I am 15 so I stopped jogging. The exercise bike is actually for my parents but they dont use it. So I make better use of it now xD Every second day I do some training for my belly
    And every other second day I do some push ups 40-50. Used to have problems with my wrists aswell, so I do the push ups on my fists and on my knees. And nearly every day I stretch my wrists, because it works for me. But I am fine like that. Always try to push it step by step. Eventhough some people would call my kind of workout ridiulous it is everything that I can do for now and I am happy to have the disciplin.

9. SunDrew

SunDrew Fapstronaut

Day 1/90:

First day of ultra mode and so far so good. I slept great last night and took my cold shower. I just need to meditate on my lunch break today. First day of play rehearsals. I'm excited to do it. I got to work today a whole TEN minutes early. It's because I pulled myself out of bed and jumped into my ice blessings.

buzzlightyear likes this.
  10. SunDrew

SunDrew Fapstronaut

Day 2/90:

I slept well last night so today fatigue should not be an issue. The part of my brain that wants to go back to my 'comfortable' ways is still nagging at me. I'm not comfortable. I never was. What is comfort anyways? Yesterday and today, I've been drawing out how I'm going to complete my long term goals. My major goal right now, write my memoir by March 5th, 2017. For anyone who doesn't know, that's my birthday. My memoir is about my father who passed away on my birthday. I have the plan drawn out to finish this memoir and it feels so much more tangible. I broke it down into what my goals are the next 13 months. My goal right now is to finish this book I'm reading on memoir writing by the end of this month. Then its finish draft one by writing 1000 words a day of my book for 2 months. Then it's edit. Then it's rewrite. Then it's edit again. Then it's write. Then it's give it too a friend to read and edit. Then it's time to send it to a publisher. I CAN finish this! Ever piece of this puzzle is possible. I've realized the importance of breaking up my massive goals.

Here's how I broke my goal up in my journal:

Big goal: Complete final draft of memoir by March 5th, 2017.

Sub goals:

• February: Read "Art of Memoir"
    • March: Write and perfect outline and memory list.
    • April: Write 30,000 words this month. (1,000/day)
    • May: Write 30,000 words this month. (1,000/day)
    • June: Finish Draft I.
    • July: Edit Draft I.
    • September: Write Draft II
    • October: Edit Draft II
    • November: Write Draft III
    • December: Edit Draft III
    • January: Give to friends to edit. (I have lots of english major friends)
    • February: Send to publishers.
    Mini goals for February 2016: (Read "Art of Memoir"
    • Week 1: Read Chapters 3-9
    • Week 2: Read Chapters 10-15
    • Week 3: Read Chapters 16-20
    • Week 4: Read Chapters 21-23, books finished.
    This weeks plan:
    • Monday: Read Chapter 3
    • Tuesday: Read Chapter 4
    • Wednesday: Read Chapter 5
    • Thursday: Read Chapter 6
    • Friday: Read Chapter 7
    • Saturday: Read Chapter 8
    • Sunday: Read Chapter 9
    Each chapter should only take me about 15 minutes to read. I HAVE the time to read. NO EXCUSES.

At the end of every week and every month, I reevaluate and redraw out my plan.

Last edited: Feb 2, 2016
  11. buzzlightyear

buzzlightyear Fapstronaut

No PMO will keep you alert, helps to concentrate. I think it's a great goal to write a memoir about your father.

It will boost your fires, it will help you to stick to it. Help 1 person a day on here, do what it is you need to do. Complete that memoir without PMO, what a gift that would be, what a memoir that will be!

Narrow your focus, make sure not to relapse, help others

When you don't relapse more energy and time comes to our aid.

Please stay strong and get back up, have you read the manual already?

Kind regards,
    Buzz

12. SunDrew

SunDrew Fapstronaut

Day 3/90:

Today has started off well. I did my 5 Tibetans after waking up pretty groggy. That seemed to wake me up. It's amazing how just forcing yourself to be active can wake you up. I'm excited to go to the gym today. I'm going to see if I can crank out an extra chapter of the memoir writing book. I will get it done today. Today I will dominate my day.

13. SunDrew

SunDrew Fapstronaut

Day 4/90:

Today has been good so far. I didn't sleep well last night but I'm waking myself up. I've been trying to meditate and have deep breathing to wake myself up. Today I will workout and read my books.

14. SunDrew

SunDrew Fapstronaut

Day 5/90:

Today has been okay so far. I intend on reading my book today then I'm going to the gym later on and meditating. I should have meditated first thing in the morning. That's a habit I need to start getting into. It's vital to having a relaxed day. Meditating is to the mind as what warming up is to the body. Meditating needs to be done first in my day. From the second I get out of bed, I do my 5 Tibetan Rites and meditate for 10-20 minutes.

15. buzzlightyear

Same for me! Need to do it first thing too

16. SunDrew

SunDrew Fapstronaut

Day 6/90:

Today has been a lazy Saturday morning. I made a new workout journal yesterday. I made one I can just keep in my gym bag. I also got an awesome planner that has great goal tracking layouts in it. I think it'll be good. I'm going to do some yoga today for the hips and then meditate before I head out and start my day. I'm excited to start the week Monday. I think it'll be a good time.

17. SunDrew

SunDrew Fapstronaut

Day 7/90:

I'm still holding strong. I fell off for a little while before this challenge. I'm doing well now. I did my Five Tibetan's this morning, now I need to read and get my work done.

18. SunDrew

SunDrew Fapstronaut

Day 8/90:

Starting my new workout routine today. I'm really going to get into good shape. I want to train for events. It's a must for me. I had a smoothie for breakfast and made a pretty healthy lunch. I'm still giving up beer, sex and bread for lent. It's going to be a tough lent but I'm going to do it.

19. SunDrew

SunDrew Fapstronaut

Day 9/90:

I'm a tenth of the way there! Lent starts tomorrow and you know what that means! Uh oh. No beer, bread, PMO, hell I might even quit coffee. I'm going to swap coffee for matcha though so it won't be that bad.

20. buzzlightyear

I'm with you on the no alcohol and coffee! I do keep bread since it's a relative cheap way of nutrition.

1/10 done! Congratulations :)