Comments on Profile Post by Bingles

1. Bingles
    Bingles
    I think I am going to plan a 1 to 2 day time when I have zero internet access (unless needed). Gonna make Mondays and Wednesdays my no internet days. Get my study schedule sorted, play a video game and make some language materials . First I need to return the college laptop to avoid relapse.
    Apr 20, 2024
    silex_jedi and Ghost️ like this.
  2. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Internet fasts are a good idea. (> ‘•‘)>
    Apr 20, 2024
    Bingles likes this.
  3. Bingles
    Bingles
    All of my relapses are from online material. I think it's inevitable I will encounter NSFW on the internet, even unintentionally. But fasting will make it easier to avoid. I can live in the real world, go for a walk and a meal, play a game and enjoy myself without staring at a screen all day.
    Apr 20, 2024
    Ghost️ likes this.
  4. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    I think that’s the right mindset. I’ve moved more to a whitelist approach to my browser where everything is blocked, except the sites I need. Helps my smartphone become more of a tool than a distraction.
    Apr 20, 2024
    Bingles likes this.
  5. Bingles
    Bingles
    YouTube is one of the ones that's hard to whitelist, so I use an extension that blocks out the recommendation feed so you only see what you search for. No distractions. Works very well imo. My mind turns to mush after the 3 hour mark lol.
    Apr 20, 2024
    Wizardrabbit and Ghost️ like this.
  6. Deleted Account
    Deleted Account
    Yeah, I can lose a lot of time on YouTube which never ends well. On my phone I’ve blocked YouTube.com and m.YouTube.com, so I don’t get it on my phone. This makes it so I can only access it at home on the computer, which is further layered with blockers/filters so I don’t get too distracted while using it. I’m a mess lol
    Apr 20, 2024
    Wizardrabbit and Bingles like this.
  7. Bingles
    Bingles
    YouTube is a blessing and a curse. The site is being intentionally turned more and more into Tik Tok through UI changes and algorithmic pushes. I find that I am being subscribed and unsubscribed to various different channels. It sucks so much.
    Apr 20, 2024
    Wizardrabbit and Ghost️ like this.