1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

The Coldshower experience

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by JourneyToTheGreenerSide, Nov 6, 2016.

1. "The greater the obstacle, the more glory in overcoming it."
    -Molière

Okay guys, so I was reading through the forums of NoFap and I came across a thread about coldshowers. Now I had previously known that a lot of fapstronaughts use cold showers to distract them from their sexual thoughts and like I get why they would use that but I always thought that it's too extreme of a measure to control their urges.

As I read through that thread, I saw a lot of people appreciating the coldshowers not just for the distraction but for it's other benefits such as more productivity and discipline. Basic idea was that by getting out of your comfort zone (heavenly warm showers) and stepping into the challenge (devilish coldshowers) you grow as a person as you're ready to do things that are tough.

Now I'm a very careful person, the thought of a coldshower brought in all the ideas of how this could go wrong; Hypothermia, Cold, Frostbite (yeah). So I went on google and read about it and guess what? It's as safe as a celibate is from STDs. Ofcourse there were a few people that said it could cause all of the above but I mostly found them on Yahoo answers so I'm guessing they were like me (filled with preconceptions about things they don't know).

So I went ahead and gave this a try. And guess what?
    I FUCKING LOVED IT!!
    I felt like the world's strongest man! I've never had a coldshower before this but now I'm going to change that and take one every morning.
    I felt like I achieved something and I'm guessing starting your morning with this belief that you've already achieved something would make you automatically feel like a winner throughout the day. Along with that champion feeling, I had a lot more energy and felt less cold than usual. I also was able to pay more attention to things

Before stepping into the shower, I did the power-pose for a minute to get my testosterone up and the fact that I'm doing NoFap already gave me an edge (no pun intended lol).

So guys, I really do recommend you to try this one out, it's worth feeling like a champion after a shower.

Go for it,
    Jeff (NOT MY REAL NAME)

you can read about my journey through these -

Introduction and Reasons Why I Started - https://NoFap.com/forum/index.php?threads/becoming-a-fapstronaught-introduction.78659/#post-622054

My Previous Journal - https://NoFap.com/forum/index.php?threads/my-journal.78661/#post-636238

Relapse - https://NoFap.com/forum/index.php?threads/relapse.79340/#post-630465

My Current Journal - https://NoFap.com/forum/index.php?threads/not-giving-up-my-journal-a-new-start.79700/#post-638275

Last edited: Nov 6, 2016
  2. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

i used to take cold showers and i stopped when i got a cold from it many times and i decided i wont take them i dont really personally need them

3. Well from what I've read, cold only happens through pathogens not the temperature but then it's funny how cold usually picks up in the winter. Anyway, if it did bring you problems then I see no use of it for you.

Also that video is amazing! Chaplin really had it sorted out eh?

4. Alex Bee

Alex Bee Fapstronaut

I feel powerful after my cold shower. I might do one pretty soon if I feel like it.

5. Cold showers are good but I think their benefits are overexagerated.
    I'm going to start them on day 5.

6. I Free I

I Free I Guest

Cold Showers Are The Truth . Do Your Research On It . You'll Be Thankful That You Found This .[​IMG]

Thug Life likes this.
  7. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

I haven't showered in 5+ days.

8. Totally worth it!

Each to his own but my personal benefit was feeling like a champion after completing the shower.

That's a different issue then lol

Deadlihood likes this.
  9. Thug Life

Thug Life Guest

Contrary to popular belief, not everything has to be a 90 day challenge. ;) Although a part of me wants to see how long you can go before you can't tolerate it anymore.

10. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

I haven't been tolerating it for days; I'm just a chronically lazy asshole.

11. IggyIshness

IggyIshness Fapstronaut

Good inspiration

12. Pleb

Pleb Fapstronaut

I read in an article on how to increase testosterone - by having cold shower, especially in the morning. I also learned that some military are trained in morning to submerge their whole body in ice water to boost testosterone, which in turn increases sex drive. Wouldn't that makes it harder to not think about sex, making it an issue for no PMO?

Also, i don't understand the theory on why some people advice not wear tight underwear to prevent nocturnal emission as it causes heat. But from my experience, people tend to get erection more when feeling cold. I also get morning wood in early morning which is the coolest time of the day.

Correct me if i'm wrong.

James2016journal likes this.
  13. I guess you have to really believe that it's gonna help to make it effective, believing in something can do so many changes in the right direction.

Well,
    1) Harder to not think about sex - Yes that would happen but army people transmute their sexual energy into something more productive. After all, the sexual energy is the most powerful energy we have, transmuting that would make you better in other areas of life. So yes it would be harder but try to use that energy to do something better in your life.

2) Erection in cold climate - I don't know about the tight underwear but being in cold will reduce your ability to get an erection. Just go take a coldshower and see how your penis shrinks. Heat expands and cold contracts right? But I feel coldshowers increase your testosterone psychologically because you're doing something so difficult that once you're done with it, you can only feel like a champion.

14. Thug Life

Thug Life Guest

But did you think about PMO? That's the real question! ;)

Awakeatlast likes this.
  15. Good luck! We all need it when it comes to coldshowers. :O

Awakeatlast likes this.