Sex and the death grip

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by Max Holland, Sep 19, 2015.

is it okay?

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

12 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Max Holland

Max Holland Fapstronaut

I had a question I would like to pose to those that are either married or in a relationship, or just those that have suffered from DGS (death grip syndrome)

Is it okay for a man to have sex with his spouse/partner for a certain amount of time, then when they are finished for the man to masturbate and orgasm either inside the woman or elsewhere?

Just asking because this is the situation my wife and I have been in the past 5 years.

2. Spidey2Dope

Spidey2Dope Fapstronaut

Have you seen any kind of improvement at all with nofap and how long have you been doing nofap? I too had this experience the last two times I've had sex with my girlfriend and I believe it was because I was watching P and my unusual style of M (no lube and other me. I can't say if it's good or bad but I would try not doing it and just try getting your penis to be accustomed to her vagina if you will. Sorry I don't have an exact answer for you.

3. Traci

Traci Fapstronaut

I had this problem but found that by nofap and extended lovemaking (foreplay) I am able to reverse the situation. I am trying to reprogram my brain by focusing on lovemaking the total person and not on orgasm. The orgasm has come naturally.

The last two times lovemaking, I have had orgasm inside my wife. It's SO MUCH more fulfilling than M. I asked my wife not to perform oral on me so that we could enjoy each other more intimately.

4. Handzfree

Handzfree Distinguished Fapstronaut

I would suggest you try about 6 weeks of sensate focus. You can google the technique. Basically it involves being completely undressed and with your wife. You start by sharing touching in non intimate areas. Work on this for 20 minutes each... taking turns. The idea is to get comfortable with each other. Maybe two or three times a week when you are not interrupted and can enjoy each other. The second phase is to touch each other everywhere but not with the goal of O'ing. Again, it's all about sharing the touch. Finally, the last phase is all of the above with PIV and O. No rush, just enjoying the time together. Don't worry about O'ing... instead enjoy the journey.

Just a heads up though... I guarantee this will make you very horny (unless you're a cyborg), and it's supposed to. So examine your own nofap walk and see if it's something you want to do and decide if you will M after the sessions to release the tension.

Best wishes - HF

5. Traci

Traci Fapstronaut

Thanks.

6. CountryDude

CountryDude Fapstronaut

I would say it is probably not OK because it shouldn't be necessary.

7. quagmire

quagmire Fapstronaut

I am 80 days no PMO and 50 days or so no MO. My sensitivity to my wife's V has gone way up, almost too far so I am pretty much into a premature ejaculation now. Previously I would have gone banging away for quite some time in her because of death grip side effects, I simply was not as sensitive.

Like the others have said I think you just need to give it time. In fact, if you are effectively MOing on her after PIV etc that is MOing quite specifically, which to me would be analogous to PMOing for all intents and purposes. It subverts the process of reprogramming and recalibrating your brain and sensory systems because hey every time you have sex with wife you still essentially end up masturbating. It feels good for sure but you're not getting any closer to the presumed goal of FAP free. Don't get me wrong, good for you for no PMO, but I think you need to let go of the MO thing to achieve some lasting results that are more normal physiologically speaking.

CdB likes this.
  8. plongeur

plongeur Fapstronaut

but why not let her do the hard work ... problem solved + more fun ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2015
  9. Rav70

Rav70 Fapstronaut

Yes it matters. As a woman I need that intimacy of finishing. It's powerful. That said when you don't focus on that and simply relax and enjoy sex it seems to come easier

CdB likes this.