1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Hormonal changes regarding body odor?

Discussion in 'Abstinence, Retention, and Sexual Transmutation' started by J Aurelius, Mar 27, 2024.

1. J Aurelius

J Aurelius Fapstronaut

Hello, I'm on day 20 of semen retention and I've noticed a sudden increase in potency for my body odor, urine, etc.

Anyone else dealing with this? It seems like my body odor and any bodily excretions have a much stronger scent than normal. I used to smell myself after sweating throughout the day, but now it seems like my face is pressed against my pits or something when I notice my own BO. Same goes with using the bathroom. I haven't changed anything with my diet or routine other than the semen retention, but I don't see how that affects it.

2. UlyssesResists

UlyssesResists Fapstronaut

Hormones raise with SR, and I would say pheromones raise too. This is part of the attraction of women that is supposed to occur. American women claim they don't like body odor, but biology and studies show that women are actually attracted to men who smell similar to their fathers. If you think it's too strong, take more showers, drink more water, and use a natural deodorant.

J Aurelius likes this.
  3. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Temporarily Suspended

You smell better body the gives off a better smell on longer nofap streaks. It attracts women. Strange but true! So if you smell odd there’s something wrong with what you are doing or body is adapting to changes for the better

J Aurelius likes this.
  4. J Aurelius

J Aurelius Fapstronaut

Wow, okay. I'll just have to shower more often then. I usually shower before bed, but I guess I'll have to do it before work too. I also heard about the attraction effect, but so far I haven't really had any situations where women were after me, but I'm still early on my challenge. Anything's possible, I guess. But thanks for the input, fellas! I appreciate it!

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  5. Rainbow Warrior

Rainbow Warrior Temporarily Suspended

Make sure you’ve got safety filters in place on your devices. That will prevent a relapse

J Aurelius likes this.
  6. Exponential Power

Exponential Power Fapstronaut

Odor causing bacteria thrive in an alkaline environment. I avoid using soap in my armpits. I apply white vinegar and I've made cologne using essential oils and Everclear.

J Aurelius likes this.
  7. Yin&Yang-Yūki

Yin&Yang-Yūki Fapstronaut

Or put a slice of lemon under your pits, i do noticed my odor changed as well, sometimes i smell some weird musky like fragrance

8. Exponential Power

Exponential Power Fapstronaut

Yes, lemon juice also works, just don't use apple cider vinegar, it smells like feet.

9. Sleeperhead

Sleeperhead Fapstronaut

Your sense of smell is heightened as a result of SR.

My theory is that your body is more receptive to female pheromones, which are processed through the nose.