What are your go-to songs when you're feeling down/stressed/weak?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Won't Lie Down, Apr 23, 2022.

1. Cirilla

Cirilla Guest

This has been a favourite recently. The melody makes me happy.

Tiny Brat and Lady Blåhaj like this.
  2. This song also makes me super happy when I'm feeling down:

Tiny Brat likes this.
  3. FirefromAbove

FirefromAbove Fapstronaut

4. When depressed I listen to the happiest songs I can find!

OK, so my tastes get pretty eclectic sometimes....our house in Trinidad was ALWAYS full of good and LOUD music from old-school Disco, R&B, Rock, Dance, etc...half of my happy-list is my parents (mostly Mom's) stuff I grew up dancing to!...but here goes:

"Dynamite" / BTS
    "Uptown Funk" / Bruno Mars
    "Happy" / Pharrell
    "Don't cha?" / Pussycat Dolls
    "Tightrope" / Janelle Monae
    ....and off course, "Shake it Off" / Taylor Swift

Runner-ups:
    "I got a Feeling" / Black-eyed Peas
    "Single Ladies" / Beyonce
    "Lets Go Crazy" / Prince

I think this list makes me the MOST "Plain Vanilla" pop-music geek in the world, like I was raised in Suburban America, LOL. I'd try to find something from home-girl Onika Tanya Maraj (ya'll know her as Nicki Minaj) but honestly I can't get the cut to beat what's up top there! "Moment 4 Life" is all the bling I want, but its not getting my feet or booty moving like "Single Ladies", C'mon...you KNOW I am right! LOL

Maybe add "Idol" / BTS feat. Nicki Minaj...that way I am repping my Island

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2022
    Lady Blåhaj and Cirilla like this.
  5. Yay! I'm so happy this song is on your list! I adore this song. I have it on Beat Saber and it's a ton of fun to play! I basically love any BTS song.

OMG didn't know Nicki Minaj was from Trinidad! That's so cool!
    ================================================

Here's some more of my happy songs that I just remembered:

Tiny Brat likes this.
  6. Same same same. ANYTHING ....agree!!!! (Plus I want to keep JK as a plaything!)
    OMG yes!! How the heck could you and I leave off "Dancing Queen"?! It should be our theme song, LOL.

Your list is good, real good.

I have to add another song, and it is one that is SOOOOOOO predicatable/cliche and no one will admit or step-up to declare it belonging on THE LIST...but I will be so bold as to nominate.....

<<Drum Roll Please>>

7. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

Anne Murray - You Needed Me

Lady Blåhaj and Tiny Brat like this.
  8. Theme song? National Anthem more like!

[​IMG]

Lol, this is the first time I've actually listened to a Miley Cyrus song. Missed her fan club. It TOTALLY belongs on the list if it makes you happy lol!

Beautiful and uplifting song. Thanks for sharing! It's beautiful to have someone like that to walk through life with.

==============================================================
    All right I'm addicted. Posting more. This'll be my last, I promise.

Can't believe I forgot this song by Nsoki! I'm totally white, but I relate to this song so much because when I was in Africa it stole my heart with it's beauty and I wanna go back so bad.

And this song by Africa's reggae king Lucky Dube. Lucky Dube's lyrics are so positive, it's hard not to smile when you listen to his music.

Now some more traditional positive songs: Brother Iz! I learned to play this on the ukulele.

And who can forget Louis Armstrong!

Last edited: Oct 10, 2022
    Tiny Brat likes this.
  9. JoeinUSA

JoeinUSA Fapstronaut

Dionne Warwick "No Night So Long"

Tiny Brat likes this.
  10. Cassy0110

Cassy0110 New Fapstronaut

Heaven is place on Earth

Tiny Brat likes this.
  11. I'm kind of old school, but Van Halen always puts me in a good mood.

Tiny Brat likes this.
  12. JUMP!...
    ...might as well...

Lady Blåhaj likes this.
  13. Great band they make me happy too. Listened to them as a young kid. "Jump" and "Panama" are my favorite songs.

Speaking of arena rock bands: "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey is a classic.

Tiny Brat likes this.
  14. Agree...Journey and Van Halen.
    Add: Def Lepperd "Pour some Sugar on Me" (love that idea btw!)

Also add, and how could we forget, the one and only BadBoy: Billy Idol...all sex n naughty-boy stuff. Like they say we date the bad boys but want to marry to good boys!! LOL

I ay as well, at this point, just steal my Mom's playlist for more ideas!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2022
    SquidCook likes this.
  15. ...also, anything from Disneys "Little Mermaid" or "Frozen" or "Moana"....anything!

SquidCook likes this.
  16. If I'm feeling down and depressed I usually listen to something that matches my mood. Usually what i've been listening to for the last like...2 years in a depressive state is Telepath テレパシー能力者 or Virtual Dream Plaza (Vaporwave and ambient respectively). If I absolutely need to get up and do something, I will put on something like this:

This is future funk, and if i'm not singing and moving by the end of this, then I'm really in a bad mood in which case I lay off for a bit then go back to it later.

SquidCook and Tiny Brat like this.
  17. NothingMoreNothingLess

NothingMoreNothingLess Fapstronaut

When I feel stressed or weak I listen to this:

Of course, got to play some Ariana Grande sometimes since it always puts me in a good mood:

Tiny Brat likes this.
  18. Won't Lie Down

Won't Lie Down New Fapstronaut

Lmfao I know a Swedish girl that was a transfer student in the U.S. She was obsessed with BTS. She lives in Korea with her Korean husband now.

I do secretly like Taylor Swift though.

Tiny Brat likes this.
  19. Van Halen is my all time favorite band. Doesn't matter who was singing as long as Eddie was on guitar.