1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Lost My Girlfriend

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by AllenNoFap, Jul 24, 2015.

1. AllenNoFap

AllenNoFap Fapstronaut

So I officially got dumped yesterday because of the effects of PIED. She was a sweet woman that had a well paying career. I couldn't get aroused to please her because my own skewed perception of pleasure. (Images, computer , video) I asked her to bare with with me and she left. This sounds crazy but i feel like it was meant to happen. Despite she was what I'm looking for in woman. Im pmo free for 16 days and this is something I haven't done in YEARS. I feel less guilt since I lost her because I'm being true to myself. There's also less worry because morning woods have been powerful and my confidence has increased. I'm telling myself I lost her as a lesson learned that I'm implementing disipline. Btw as strange as it sounds, it may be psychological or testerone, women pay more attention and people take you seriously. Although I think it's just psychological and higher testosterone. Day 16!!!!

KingRecover17 likes this.
  2. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

That sounds like you're coping with it the best way possible.

I broke up with my ex-girlfriend one year ago. She's the only woman I had where I don't feel the actual reason for why it had to end. There were some things, but all just seem like symptoms to me, not causes. I dumped her for another woman, but it turned out quickly that girl wasn't the right one for me. Love has its own laws. Good luck (or good success) in becoming yourself!

3. AllenNoFap

AllenNoFap Fapstronaut

Thanks elektro! Yeah I'm a little concerned about recovering from PIED. What if I go on a banging spree. Honestly I just want to settle down but my recovery may make me a little overzealous

4. AllenNoFap

AllenNoFap Fapstronaut

Getting a little ahead of myself but I literally is steering me away from pmo. My desire is dissolving more and more though and I can honestly say that

5. Hero One

Hero One Fapstronaut

@AllenNoFap

Hey Allen; well done on handling this situation in such an honest and confident way. It's never easy to go through a breakup, particularly over something like this, but I'm really encouraged by how you've stayed true to your aims and seen the positives.

Sometimes, you need to be single when going through something like this - it's a path to recovery that you really need to tackle on your own, with the influences of intimacy and relationships. I know you'll come out of this recovery period in a much better position to be in a relationship that you can bring everything you've got to.

I'm confident you'll look back at this time, and see how it benefited you for the long term. Well done, keep going, and keep us updated!

6. AllenNoFap

AllenNoFap Fapstronaut

Yea. my now x won't come out and just say it's because of my PIED . So I say it! I tell her I'm not ashamed because I'm throwing it out of my life. She doesn't understand which doesn't bother me a bit. Thanks for the support fellas. That's what this group is all about!

7. herby4321

herby4321 Fapstronaut

I've had my heart broken 3 times. I thought it was me. Now I realise they weren't strong enough to handle my shit. Now I have a fiancée, we're a great team and I've never looked back.
    I wouldn't worry, you'll be back in no time

Nemedy and KingRecover17 like this.
  8. AllenNoFap

AllenNoFap Fapstronaut

Thanks herby! I needed that! So did PIED get you and you recovered??

9. Kiddy

Kiddy Fapstronaut

It seems like you are doing very well. Perhaps this was a good change for you.

10. climberjunkie

climberjunkie Fapstronaut

Ey man dont even sweat it son, if that girl didnt want to deal with your problem and help you out, then she doesnt deserve you, love is about giving and about being selfless Im sure in the future youll find the right one. Youll be alright.

11. 8BitsOfStuggling

8BitsOfStuggling Fapstronaut

While I hate to sound insensitive... I see something wrong with this statement.
    It is his problem. I feel that there is more wrong with a relationship if they break up. PIED can't destroy an entire relationship by itself. They are not married, that is the point of dating, you can decide if you are compatible or not. Like he said...
    Sometimes people are not fit, even though they appear to be the "dream fit." Some people just don't mesh. It isn't something to lose progress or beat yourself up for, it is the sad reality of being in a relationship. However, when you learn from your relationship then you come out way stronger. Being PMO free will gain you so much respect with other women, and there are many people out there that will be what you look for in a woman, it just means you get to look for those who do mesh. A relationship should never have to be forced.

Keep strong, don't let the hurt of someone you liked missing from your life ruin it. It is important to recognize, but not dictate your life with it. I am glad you doing so well and it sounds like you have come to reality of the situation at hand. I got dumped about 1.5 years ago by the girl I thought was my girl of my dreams. I took it to heart, learned every lesson I could from it, and moved forward. Now I can honestly say even though I made stupid mistakes in between then and my current girlfriend, this relationship is way better than my old "perfect" one. You just never know! Good luck and hang in there :)

AllenNoFap likes this.
  12. climberjunkie

Hey man thanks for challenging my statement and taking thought to it but thats not what I meant, when I said that I meant if she really liked him she would have supported him I know PIED is bad but, its even worse to pitty for someone and Im not going to pity for him, I think the way she handled the situation was quite insensitive so thats just my thoughts . But im only coming from a aggressive background because you cant put your insecurities on others and think itl make you secure, you must handle things yourself first.

13. climberjunkie

although your right about it being "his problem" she could have externally supported him by motivating him and also being patient. remember love is patient love is kind.

14. 8BitsOfStuggling

I completely respect your opinion and you are more then entitled to express it. Just giving my thoughts and a little push back to provoke thought. Everybody is different, ya know?

climberjunkie likes this.
  15. Hero One

Hero One Fapstronaut

I actually agree with what both @climberjunkie and @8BitsOfStuggling . While climber is right in saying that if she was the 'right' one for you, she would have supported you through this difficult time, 8bit is correct in saying that a relationship shouldn't be forced - your breakup, whilst maybe painful, is a positive thing.

Ultimately, the right partner for you would want to support you, not out of some sense of forced obligation, but because you're their partner and they love you. It is much better to discover now that she is not the one to 'do life with'.

I maintain that this is probably a good time to remain single; to focus on your own struggles, and emerge in a much better position to clearly decide on relationships. All the best, Allen.

-H1

16. climberjunkie

well the thing is if she truly, loved him she would have realized that "sex is not just about sex" but then again Im celibate atm so I dont have too much credibility on this issue, though painful things are good for you so you grow from them. Girls come and go, dont build attachments on them because of your "insecurities" happens to the best of us. Thanks for your comment though

17. climberjunkie

I respect your challenge and I see where your coming from. its good a lot of nofappers quit their happens, although they get themselves in a illusion thinking that if they have a girlfriend, all the problems are met, its a insecure attachment I call it. Im guilty of it myself in the past. Once you have life together, only then a women will come. Dont do nofap just to get a girl. Theres way more to the science of nofap.

18. climberjunkie

My comments and style of writing is a bit aggressive, but that's because I want everyone to think about how they are using nofap, I DO VERY MUCH want people to feel uncomfortable because you could always better yourself because your true challenge is yourself not others. conquer yourself. You should check out my posts btw I think you might find something that suites you. Thanks sorry for spamming

8BitsOfStuggling likes this.
  19. 8BitsOfStuggling

Thanks for not getting hostile with differing opinions. I feel like it happens a lot in this thread community, most likely that people are hurting and on edge from not being on edge... But it is refreshing when people can civil'y disagree while portraying their points.

Anyways for the young wippersnapper, @AllenNoFap, who posted this. Regardless, one girl who you were not married to will not be the end of the world. Cliche statement

20. climberjunkie

same here man, I wish we'd all get along and grow from each other... one of my friends had to leave the nofap community because he was getting such hostile feedback, you know were all brothers and we must unite and help each other, were all gifted uniquely, Im sure god has plans for you :)

8BitsOfStuggling likes this.