1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

I Just Want To Be Better

Discussion in 'New to NoFap' started by worldchanger, May 29, 2015.

1. worldchanger

worldchanger Fapstronaut

Hi guys,

So, i was crying alone in my room thinking how i ended up like this.

I'm a 29 year old male, married and blessed with 2 daughters. So i guess those with kids could know where i'm coming from.

I started stimulating myself when i was in pre-school. I would think about naked girls and play with my "buddy". But that was it. I didn't ejaculate nor did i assault girls or women sexually. It was just me and pleasuring myself to sleep.

At the age of 18, i heard some friends talk about masturbation and ejaculation. Long story short, i had my first intentional ejaculation at the age of 18. And to my shame, it was a VERY amazing sensation. I can still remember that moment vividly.

Another long story short, i've been masturbating twice a day ever since.

Here's the thing. I used to be an energetic, ambitious and a happy guy. I wanted to learn everything that can be learned in my life time. I wanted to achieve everything that can be achieved in my life time. I wanted to make the world a better place.

I strongly believe PMO is ruining my life and taking me somewhere that i wouldn't want to be. I wake up everyday resenting my life. I'm not as energetic, ambitious as i used to be. I would often wake up with cynical thoughts in my mind.

And worst of all, i haven't done anything nor do i possess the motivation to push myself to do anything to achieve all of my dreams and ambitions.

I guess the reason i cried is because, i will be 30 years old next year, and although i want to give my 2 kids the best childhood that i could give, (and i know i can give them a much, much better childhood), i am still a nobody without any achievement, struggling to fight my lust.

So here i am, thinking that i really need to change. I need to stop PMO-ing and start to "GO OUT THERE and make my dreams come true".

Today will be my first day, and i will update my progress every morning. I aim to quit PMO permanently.

I wish us all a happy and meaningful life without PMO.

2. thebishone

thebishone Fapstronaut

Hey man,

PMO is a terrible terrible terrible thing, yet it can be such an attraction. It's like that thing where you know it is wrong, but you still do it anyways because you can't just make that first step to say NO! I'm telling you man, make that first step. Tell yourself NO for once and just see what happens. I've felt just as sad as you man, and no person should feel like that. The next time you get an urge to do something, just stop, say no, and think about the consequences of your actions, and think about your goals. You'll get better man, anyone can. You can do it! Be what you want to be, and live life man! Try to wake up with a smile on your face and try to smile at everyone that walks by you! Good luck!

3. NoBrainer

NoBrainer Distinguished Fapstronaut

Hi worldchanger

I do not believe that you need to feel ashamed or guilty of innocent mistakes you have made in the past. Work towards your future as being clean from PMO and being a great father.
    That energetic, ambitious, happy guy is waiting for you at the end of the tunnel. You just have to get there.

If you are looking for a practical approach to nofap and staying clean from PMO, this thread that I made may be of help.

Best of luck :)

4. worldchanger

worldchanger Fapstronaut

Thank you mate. I honestly felt the urge just now. But i think i could, heck, i WANT to resist the urge to FAP. So, thank you so much and i am thinking about my goals. I hope to fill my thoughts with my goals, dreams and ambitions. Not the usual PMO-related stuff. Good luck to you too, friend.

5. worldchanger

worldchanger Fapstronaut

Thank you friend. I was deeply touched to the point of shedding tears when you wrote about the ME waiting at the end of the tunnel. I really, honestly, truly want to meet him again. I miss that guy.

And BTW, your thread was really helpful. You'll kind of have to manage your approach and strategy to stop FAP-ing. Sounds like the road is still way ahead of me. But this time, i am willing to make that effort. And thanks to guys like you, i believe i can make that change.

NoBrainer likes this.