Iceeee Cold Shower!

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by rayshunnn, Apr 10, 2017.

1. Steve Sancteria

Steve Sancteria Fapstronaut

there are people that do ice baths after their workout.
    Doing so, it helps the muscles to recover way faster, so you get kind of the same effect doing some really cold shower as well.
    Also, it increases your natural testosterone levels which does benefit muscle growth as well.

2. Javon3000

Javon3000 Fapstronaut

Oh for sure! The cold showers been my best secret for years, I love it! It helps uncramp my muscles, and makes my skin tight and shinny. I could go on and on breathing deeper, flushing toxins, core strength, stronger/cleaner hair/scalp, and keeps me calm all day. I really know how you feel!

3. SunDrew

SunDrew Fapstronaut

I only take hot showers when I'm about to go to bed now or feel like I need a deep clean. It's cold all the way. I love the winters in the midwest just for the cold showers

4. Runtilmylegsdropoff

Runtilmylegsdropoff Fapstronaut

I been doing ice cold showers for a few days straight now. I can feel my testosterone levels go up which is a great thing, but not so great when trying not to MO.

5. Dismas

Dismas Fapstronaut

Man, I used to take cold showers every day, exclusively. I didn't even attribute any significance to it, I just liked my water that way. And now that I think of it, I was a beast back then; that was during a time when I was clean for 4 years. I still take showers that most people think are way too cold, (my wife for instance, who takes scalding hot showers that make my skin crawl and burn,) but nothing like a straight up ice cold shower.

Now that you've got me thinking about it, I'm gonna do it right now. Brb.

6. I love cold showers, but there is one word of warning. I once had a cyst on my testicle, that the cold shower caused to enlarge greatly. It was painful. So, if any of you guys got a lump on your testicle, don't take cold showers until you get that dealt with.

7. Dismas

Dismas Fapstronaut

PHEW. That was amazing. I feel like a million bucks right now.

@aguy100, No, switching from hot to cold rapidly can give your body thermal shock. Bad idea, don't do it.
    However, yes all the way cold. And I just treat it like a normal shower. However long it takes me to shampoo, soap up, condition, rinse off, etc.

It's really amazing, and when you get out you don't even feel cold, because the air is warmer than what you just experienced. Take a cold shower, dry off and do 20 pushups immediately. You will feel like a superhero. For anyone reading this, I literally suggest doing this right now.