1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Your Most Awaited Movies/TV Shows of 2017

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by 虎穴に入らずんば虎子を得ず, Jan 8, 2017.

1. I can see how getting too absorbed in films or television can definitely have negative effects, especially if you are not a completely healthy person psychologically. Meaning having some kind of inner conflicts which could potentially be intensified by the mass media. Know yourself. Personally I am trying to get deep into cinema to learn more about humanity, relationships, and life in general. I'm ready for it. Watching movies mindfully can be mind expanding and a learning experience. Mindless entertainment can very much have the exact opposite effect.

"The Sundance Film Festival has long been a proving ground for brand new talents and stars-in-the-making looking to catapult their career into the big leagues, and this year’s edition of the lauded fest looks to be no different. From actors to filmmakers, we’ve targeted a batch of up-and-coming talents who are set to make it big at this year’s festival. There may be a familiar face or two among their ranks, but we’re betting that, post-Sundance, they’re going to be just about everywhere from now on."

READ MORE: Sundance 2017: Check Out the Full Lineup, Including Competition Titles, Premieres and Shorts

Some people go so far so fast, like Tavi:

Tavi Gevinson, actor, “Person to Person”
    [​IMG]
    “Person to Person”

'Okay, yes, Tevi Gevinson has already broken through, and in tremendous style. The 20-year-old “Rookie Magazine” founder has already accomplished more than most people do in a lifetime, acting for Nicole Holofcener on screen and Kenneth Lonergan on stage (Broadway, in fact) in addition to her writing and her work in creating a vibrant media space for young women. Now joining Abbi Jacobson, Philip Baker Hall, George Sample III, and the rest awesomely dynamic cast that Dustin Guy Defa has assembled for “Person to Person,” Gevinson plays a New York City teen who’s struggling to reconcile her feminist ideals with everything else that life is throwing her way. Memorably grounded and empathetic in Holofcener’s “Enough Said,” it’s hard to predict what Gevinson will do next, to what medium she’ll devote the brunt of her time, but the movies could use her, and it’s good to have her back.' -DE

What do you want in life?

Movies can actually teach you alot about people, and life. Media is a powerful medium.

Wonder Woman anyone? I'm a little concerned about sharing the trailer here but check it out if ya dig it.

I'm sorry my posts are just all over the place.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  2. Alright I'll leave the rest of Hollywood to yall and delve into fringe film industries (i.e. anything excluding Holly & Bolly lol) around the globe.

This is Hong Kong cinema at its finest yall, I used to love the J Man when I was a kid can't believe he's still at it:

"Kung Fu Yoga stars Jackie Chan as a famous archaeology professor, who along with several team members, embark on a journey to find a lost Indian treasure. Along the way, the team is ambushed by mercenaries and are abandoned and left for dead. Chan leads his team around the world to fight off the mercenaries, and save the lost treasure and culture. Kung Fu Yoga is set to be a thrilling action-comedy also starring Aarif Rahman, Lay Zhang, Sonu Sood, Disha Patani, Amrya Dastur, Eric Tsang, and directed by Stanley Tong.

The film is set to release in theaters on January 27th and should be high on any fan’s list as a must see!"

DAMMIT I CANNOT SHARE THE TRAILER FEMALE FANFARE WTF Jackie always had some kind of sexy woman in his movies I wonder if he's got a thing for the pretty ladies heheh :p

3. I Free I

I Free I Guest

Star Wars Episode 8
    The Walking Dead
    Fear The Walking Dead

I don't watch a-lot of movies or much tv but that's about it .

4. Well those are the right things to watch man.

I don't watch much TV at all, Idk what it is but I just can't get back into any Walking Dead content. It's great, I loved it, but I can't get back into it lol.

Star Wars: Episode 8 What We Know So Far - CINEMABLEND

Now this is going to be a must see for me.

WOW THESE STAR WARS CHANNEL GUYS SOUND LIKE GIANT DORKS NO OFFENSE HAHAHA!

I Free I likes this.
  5. Cherish your life.

You don't want to know what happens to missing backpackers in rural Eastern European territories, what happens to them in dark underground labyrinths for the sake of 'entertaining' rich men.

6. I know this has been mentioned numerous times but here's the trailer, I'm watching the first one right now this looks so SICK:

7. Oh shit didn't know the trailer was out, ya I'm definitely watching this!

8. Paleblood

Paleblood Fapstronaut

I'm excited for the new pirates of the Caribbean, mostly because its one of my favorite franchises. The first one is really spectacular though. Also the new show on FX taboo is interesting me right now.

9. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ya Pirates is a beloved franchise might check out the upcoming one if I ever get around to it. Jack Sparrow also has some great insight!

Taboo, eh? Looks worthy enough. Wow lol Tom Hardy and his dad made the show. Interesting.

I think I'm almost done with TV. It's like I barely watch any shows anymore except for the 'best of the best', and even then I'm reducing how many of the 'best' shows I'm watching slowly over the years. Almost down to being entirely done with television.

Japanese goodness awaits (not looking like an English release is set for this year though):

Hagane no renkinjutsushi (2017) - IMDb

[​IMG]

Taylor25 likes this.
  10. Star Wars episode 8
    Alien Covenant
    Game of Thrones season 7
    iZombie season 3
    War for the Planet of the Apes

11. 'Oldman' logan

And guardians of the galaxy 2(hopefully thanos does something)

Would love to see another deadpool movie (like the comic where thanos and wayne are battling it out for lady deaths affection more or less)