1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

You are not an addict

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by SolidStance, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

Addiction can be broken son.

I am not sure cure is the right word. I for one do not buy the disease model science of addiction. So I suppose it is impermanent but seems hella hard to smash through.

2. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

I should note some people, or many perhaps, die as addicts.

3. Thank you!

Contentful T likes this.
  4. You wanna bet?

Anybody who can't go 2 weeks without jerkin the gerkin is addicted.

Contentful T likes this.
  5. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

I am not sure about making such generalizations, much as OP generalized his post.

I also have my own qualms with the concept of addiction and hint at it in my signature somewhat.

6. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

Lol if you type in addict in the search and browse threads with that in the title here this thread makes sense.

I Just want to share the name of a MD who might support your idea...to an extent.

Lance Dodes MD, author of these two gems and a really sciencey book I don't recommend for applying ideas to ending one's "addiction":

Oops well I mean he has some books but those videos are still worthy.

EDIT: I now feel the word addiction is just that. A word. Not anything more that cannot be undone.

7. Contentful T

Contentful T Fapstronaut

I would like to suggest one thing before permanently leaving this thread as it has nothing more to offer me and the topic itself is old news so not really planning on returning for new replies myself.

Get to know yourself in general. Probably would help.