1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Would it be weird for a guy to get a dating couch to help me find a girlfriend.

Discussion in 'Loneliness' started by zxcv, Sep 28, 2017.

1. zxcv

zxcv Fapstronaut

Basically it seems like they are someone that'll help you get the skills and the confidence you need to be able to a girlfriend naturally.(At least the type of one I'm looking for.) I mean, I'm 29 and I've never had a girlfriend.

2. Nothing is weird if it makes you happy as an end result, once you're comfortable with it! I wouldn't let something like someone else's opinion sway you on this matter, do it for you and you alone. If you really want to try a dating coach then go for it! But I will say that you don't need one, you already have the traits that are needed to find a girlfriend, it's encoded into us males after all. What you're lacking is the confidence, that's all. There are no magic tools to get you a girlfriend, every tool you need you already have except for the confidence.

Try a dating site before you go down the Dating Coach road, they give people a chance to chat up girls without the face-2-face thing so confidence shouldn't be an issue. Like really, what's a dating coach going to give you that you don't already have? Sure they can probably give you a steer on confidence, but no more so than a free YouTube video on confidence, or a rocking body from hard work in the gym.

Just think about your options before you waste, potentially, alot of money on those coaches because you already have the tools you seek. You can practice on dating sites to get your conversation skills up to scratch without the face to face thing, you can try out those YouTube videos and tips & tricks on confidence, and you can even ask a friend to give you a hand. Hope this helps :)

Royce likes this.
  3. zxcv

zxcv Fapstronaut

Hmm, I've tried doing things to improve my confidence. Nothing really helped my confidence long term after a couple weeks..

4. Temujin

Temujin Fapstronaut

If its a dating coach that's going to try to get you to approach girls on the street then it can be good to get that initial boost that you can do it.

However there is a real problem that once you no longer have the coach you will stop doing it and go back to how you where before.

Real change takes a while, especially developing new habits.

I would try everything you can dating wise, dating sites, dating aps, talking to girls on the street. It can be scary as shit, but if you first become someone `who dates` then the coach could help you much more in the long run. Rather than being someone who initially `doesn`t date` who then pays a coach