1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Work up to it.... 90 days.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Andrew0268, Mar 17, 2015.

1. Andrew0268

Andrew0268 Fapstronaut

I remember when I started 5 days seemed like an eternity.

90 days seemed impossible.

You don't have to go for the full 90 days straight away.

You could go 15 days

Then you could go 30

Then 45

If you do those back to back you will have taken baby steps to 90.

The beginning is the hardest part.... seeing that 90 day mark seemed impossible... now I'm at 17 and it's my personal best. I don't see any major obstacle in the way of getting to 30 but 90 scares me.

However doing another immediate 45 or 60 day challenge doesn't.

Use your logic and reasoning to get past the part of your brain that is scared to do this. You only have to make it one more day. Procrastinate PMO till tomorrow....then the next day....then the next day... and so on...

and 15 days + 30 + 45 + 60 + 75 + 90 = 315.... You're only short of a year by 50 days....you can do that since you've already done 90. Build a PMO resistance muscle if it's too daunting to do a big goal right away.... or do a big goal if you can .... it's your life and your mind... I'm just giving you options.

2. Andrew, I did precisely that. Started with 7 days. Which I was dubious I could complete, but I swore that I would do my damnedest to make it. I did. Then added 7 more days for 14. Then 7 more, for 21. Then 9 for 30. I just added 15 for 45 days. And 15 more after that is 60. Two months.

Personally, I think it's a lot easier than setting your first goal for 90 or 100 days. I know I can make 3. I didn't know if I could make 90.

ps: I love it when my counter hits 100%, even if it's only for 1 day.

3. Thanatos

Thanatos Fapstronaut

I'm doing 90... I don't give a shit this time.
    My personal best was 22... 90 is a bit of a stretch, but the longer I put it off the harder it will get.

4. The Eleven

The Eleven Fapstronaut

I guess we all have to find our own way in this thing. I happen to be with Thanatos -- this is my first effort, and I decided to throw down a big number. My thought was: Fuck it, in for a dime, in for a dollar.

But that doesn't mean it works for everyone (or even for me, yet, as I haven't even hit 3 weeks yet). Bottom line: It's not very important how you get there, as long as you get there.

5. wally_s

wally_s Fapstronaut

I'm also new and put down 90 days as my goal. Big number and honestly, beyond my ability to imagine I could ever go that long, but I want to recover from my PMO addiction so badly. I'm pretty sure it's going to take at least that long for a proper reboot. Guess that's why I chose 90 days.

Now I do think I'm following a variant of your suggested plan, in that, I am not focusing on the number 90, rather I am taking it in smaller bits. Like I just got through day seven, the first week, so now I'm looking to hit 10 (double digits) then 14 (two weeks) then three weeks, and so on. As was said, though, each to his own.

6. i had done 7, then 14, then 21, then 25, then relapsed...it became a habit for me to reach a goal and then increase my counter... so I could not make it for 90 days...now I am not going to do like that...I am going straight for triple digits.

7. I think spreadsheets would work better with this method, so you can see how much progress you are making. Really if you relapse once or twice a month, that is much better than your average fapper.