1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Women Destroy the Lives of Real Men

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by DannyCool, Jul 28, 2015.

Do Women Destroy the Lives of Real Men

1. Yes

15.9%
  2. No

77.3%
  3. Do Men Destroy the Lives of Real Women

6.8%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DannyCool

DannyCool Fapstronaut

When you have a mature marriage like yours where you give each other love, space and understanding it is beautiful like a diamond. Sorry I should have said that my first wife died and my second wife I am waiting to die was a joke. It can just be hard a times to be in a relationship but if you focus on the good times which are 99 if not 100% of the time if you really know then it is fab. I have no problem with married people this is just my opinion and what I choose to do. This thread is not really focused on people who are in relationships. More for people who are interested in celibacy. Thank you though for your time and your concern for me.

2. axy_david

axy_david Fapstronaut

That was the perception of many people reading the OP, of course, I wouldn't mind clarifications :D

3. DannyCool

DannyCool Fapstronaut

This thread is the opposite of the thread "Why NoFap is Essential for Spiritual Growth" and is focused on people who want to find happiness in themselves without a partner.

4. Temujin

Temujin Guest

Oh ok. No worries. I also got the wrong picture.

I got involved in discussing the merits of celibacy vs relationships.

Complete celibacy is an option and I wish the best to anyone who wishes to follow it.

5. axy_david

axy_david Fapstronaut

OK NOW it makes sense, you wrote this from a gnostic point of view lol

6. Haggis

Haggis Fapstronaut

Very measured response, Danny, and I aploogize if I was a bit harsh in my response. The OP did kinda come off as a bit of a misogynistic rant, but now that you've clarified a bit, I see where you were coming from. Still stand by my responses though :)

axy_david likes this.
  7. axy_david

axy_david Fapstronaut

Oh by the way by space I meant out from your head, personal space, you know, to help you focus on your meditation

8. Congrelous

Congrelous Fapstronaut

Why do people get married again? I mean in the "hey we need to get the government in on this" sense.

Seems like you could cohabitate and not incur that risk.

9. Haggis

Haggis Fapstronaut

Me and my wife lived together for a good 6 years of so before we actually got married. It was a personal decision we made and wasn't necessary (but it does work out better in terms of benefits, as a spouse is eligible for many things that a live-in girlfriend is not).

I highly recommend that people live together for a while before they get married, but I know others will disagree. Once you live together for a while you genuinely learn the other person's habits and personality.

10. axy_david

axy_david Fapstronaut

It's sad the some.....inspired people decided to destroy marriage so bad that it's safer to not marry, just imagine the reactions from people living hundreds of years ago when they would hear this.

Haggis likes this.
  11. Congrelous

Congrelous Fapstronaut

I think they would have liked the lack of dysentery and readily available food, though.

DannyCool, Temujin and Haggis like this.
  12. DannyCool

DannyCool Fapstronaut

I was wondering was that what you meant. Very insightful. Thank you. I knew you had it going on. What is love? Baby don't hurt me don't hurt me don't hurt me no more.

Cause I know my meditation and you cant hurt me and so do you Axy! Well I don't actually know my meditation that is why I need to take time off from women but to add to the above for single people who know their meditation maybe a partner or looking for a partner wont bring suffering? I don't know about that cause I am not at that stage or I don't know if that stage exists. As far as I know it does not.

13. Ryan Veitch

Ryan Veitch Fapstronaut

Nice one, Genghis. But how do you handle people whose only method to get a point across is to yell it as loudly as possible?

14. DannyCool

DannyCool Fapstronaut

totally agree I did that

15. Haggis

Haggis Fapstronaut

You don't marry them for starters :)

16. DannyCool

DannyCool Fapstronaut

My comments at the start are extremely judgemental towards women and I have been with women who were not ready for a partner and neither was I ready for a partner. I will be away from the internet for a few days at least and wont be able to continue to post. I want to thank everyone for their help on this topic especially @axy_david who came with an incredible response. I won't be able to pm you for a while but I love you deeply and please feel free to try what I pmed you with. Do it regularly for yourself. See you around ;). Your the best :) women men children animals everyone! :)

zeral, axy_david and Haggis like this.
  17. Ryan Veitch

Ryan Veitch Fapstronaut

Danny mate, it sounds like you are angry at yourself. If you are going to generalize all women as shallow s*uts, you might as well generalize all men as equally shallow p!mps or johns. Plenty of guys buy a woman a drink in the hopes of scoring later or promise a relationship in the hopes of getting some. If you are going to marry a woman for just 6 seconds of pleasure, your hormones must have really addled your brains. As for a decent reason, nobody is forcing any woman on you. Can't be the women themselves if you managed matrimony twice. If you are going to marry a woman for just 6 seconds of pleasure, your hormones must have really addled your brains. As for a decent reason, nobody is forcing any woman on you. Can't be the women themselves if you managed matrimony twice.

Err...aren't all men the same?

[QUOTE="Look at what happens to our minds when we meet a women we fancy. The whole world gets blocked out and then we start putting our nose into sweat and urine. Great! And we want to live with one of these things![/QUOTE]

I hope you never asked for a bj from any woman

[QUOTE="Not to mention the whole thing of the little brats they create after seducing us.[/QUOTE]

Birth control dude. Always have a rubber.

[QUOTE="All we want is a little fun and the next thing they make a child and say that it is ours. 6 seconds of pleasure and a lifetime of pain. My first wife died and my second wife im waiting to die. Marriage is grand but divorce is 150,000 at least. Women cannot benefit us they only destroy our lives completely and ruin any chance of us finding happiness.
    Marriage can bring some sort of contentment by fitting in but it cannot bring happiness. What brings happiness is knowing that Women Destroy the Lives of Real Men.[/QUOTE]

Happiness is knowing who you truly are and going after what you truly want. Fitting in won't bring happiness, that is true.

Last edited: Jul 28, 2015
    DannyCool, Haggis and Congrelous like this.
  18. Congrelous

Congrelous Fapstronaut

If you want to really understand marriage, read this: http://www.haverford.edu/psychology/ddavis/p109g/internal/j_anima.html

In truth, the idealization, or idolization of another is an exterior psychological construct we're modeling as a kind of reflection to ourselves. It can make us better, but there is always the danger that one party attaches too many complexes and another too little, leading to a psychological power differential. One begins to resent the projections and the other begins to cling to the image more tightly.

I occasionally have dreams featuring the vague figure of my "ideal woman". This dream figure exemplifies the Divine Mother I guess.

I am a hypocrite. I'll be the first to admit that. It is very easy for me to fall into a relationship, become a complete idiot, and then destroy it unconsciously. This is why now I am extremely wary of relationships with women. I prefer platonic friendships. They are far more honest and far less capable of complication and heartbreak.

Personally, I feel like it would take me decades of self-knowledge until I would feel capable of taking on the responsibility of another person's psychocosm.

It seems like everyone else is perfectly content with trial and error of relationship after relationship. Maybe that makes me a coward? I've been told that before.

I don't want to hurt people. And usually that's what happens.

zeral likes this.
  19. Ryan Veitch

Ryan Veitch Fapstronaut

I will definitely bear that in mind Haggis. But I was talking about people in general. There is one really annoying brat who lives in my complex. Every sentence is screamed out at a glass-shattering pitch. He screams at his parents constantly, his neighbour, his flatmate and at me once. I am really tempted to get a dog's muzzle and forcibly fit it over his thick skull. But they have these irritating things called laws here...

20. Haggis

Haggis Fapstronaut

Haha, I know many a douchebag just like that. I've been able to develop a lot of patience over the years in dealing with people like that. The best way I've found to handle it is to remain calm and don't let them get under your skin (easier said than done, I know). And it also helps to realize that you won't be able to make people like that change, all you need to do is not let them affect you directly. You can walk away from the conversation and know that you've got a handle on yourself whereas they have a pretty serious anger issue to work on. Walk away with a smug sense of superiority if you need to, and watch it infuriate them :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.