1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Woman at work seems interested in me.

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by TravelingJourneyer, Sep 13, 2018.

1. TravelingJourneyer

TravelingJourneyer Fapstronaut

I work in food service. One of the waitresses likes me I think.

She touches me often, we make eye contact often. Yesterday, when she came into the kitchen, she intentionally put her hand on my forearm when she told me what she needed us to do, she also specifically offered to help me out with trays and delivering food.

Now, the flirting doesn't go one way, I flirt with her, too. I complimented her new hair color when she dyed it. The other day I also tested the waters by touching her shoulder when I was leaving and she didn't seem to mind.

The thing is, I don't know what she wants, and moving in the wrong direction could be terrible. I don't know if she is just teasing me, or if she is genuinely interested in me. Asking her out could be bad for me, for obvious reasons. I was thinking I could casually ask her if she wanted to hang out and do something with me sometime, not "asking her out" exactly and seeing where it goes from there. I am not particularly interested in losing my job, although I am trying to get into a different industry.

I could always just ignore everything and get a girlfriend separate from my job, which would probably be a good idea.

2. Jason_Tesla_19

Jason_Tesla_19 Fapstronaut

Dating at work is always a risk. The touching is a pretty good sign, but is she like that with everyone? Eye contact is good, especially if it's longer than normal, and with especially frequently with a genuine smile that shows in the eyes. Fairly low-risk is simply asking for her phone number.