will blocking someone make them invisible

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support' started by u376, Apr 25, 2019.

1. u376

u376 Fapstronaut

what will happen if i block someone..........would their alerts still annoy me..........

2. Clean Willy

Clean Willy Fapstronaut

No. It will be like they don't exist. You will not see their posts, they cannot write on your profile page or PM you. :)

u376 likes this.
  3. aspiringwriter1997

aspiringwriter1997 Fapstronaut

But they can still like posts you have made even if you blocked (ignore) them. I know this because I saw it happen earlier today.

recon117 and u376 like this.
  4. Clean Willy

Clean Willy Fapstronaut

Dang! Who knew? :eek:

5. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

True, they can still read your posts too. But how would you know that they've liked your post? Presumably that action did not show up in your alert feed, did it?

6. aspiringwriter1997

aspiringwriter1997 Fapstronaut

It did not show up in my feed, but I only found out about it when I went back to the thread it was in to read another reply and noticed it. The site should have restrictions on that as well.

7. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

Why? Ignoring someone isn't the same as forcing them to ignore you.

8. Clean Willy

Clean Willy Fapstronaut

In fact, I agree with 1997. :) The things is 82, if someone has a real grievance with another member you do not want to be reminded of their presence in any way. I feel, they should not be allowed to interact with you, even by 'liking' your stuff.

recon117 and kropo82 like this.
  9. kropo82

kropo82 Fapstronaut

Though then they would know that you had blocked them, which seems unnecessary