Why NoFap Community is so religious?

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support' started by ChownTuen, Oct 29, 2015.

1. Jodokus

Jodokus Fapstronaut

I, as an atheist enjoy that we have religious people here.
    It is as challenging for religious people to accept atheism (of others) as it is challenging for atheist to accept religion.
    I'm not just talking about tolerance but understanding and empathy.

In practice that means, if someone gives you (or a third person) an advice, nevermind if it's to pray, or to talk to your parents, or to a priest or to meditate or to clean your chakra, or to do something that is supposed to be scientifical proven - don't judge! The person is trying to help. And isn't it possible that a religious person can help an atheist? Anyway there isn't the perfect advice that works 100% and is just to be done the same way by everybody.

2. hopefulbrain

hopefulbrain Fapstronaut

Agreed, its the intentions that matter not the wording. If someone tells me theyre praying for me i take it as them having good intentions for me

TakingTheSteps likes this.
  3. braveheart56

braveheart56 Guest

I became a Christian 18 years ago and quickly learned people don't care what you know until they know that you care. I get annoyed with bullying, judgmental, religious people. The fact I'm here on this website struggling with the same addiction as most, proves I am in no way better or more moral than anybody else. I just happen to believe I am forgiven and loved unconditionally. When I fall I get back up. I am always ready to give an answer for what I believe but also aware I am commanded to love my neighbor as myself. When I read something I really disagree with my first response should be to pray for that person and myself not argue them into heaven.:)

HopeFaith, RdrMGK69, Phibz and 2 others like this.
  4. rabbitz

rabbitz Guest

Nofap brings the best out of us because pretty much everyone suffers from the same shameful addiction that knows no religious or ethnic boundaries, everyone is absolutely equal here - we're all humans and we're all overcoming pmo addiction.

I've had APs that were religious and some that weren't, never bothered me - at the end of the day we're all trying to accomplish the same thing and we know deep down that any help - helps.

HopeFaith, RdrMGK69, Phibz and 3 others like this.
  5. donotfaptoday

donotfaptoday Fapstronaut

that is very good and fully agree that people don't care what you know until they know you care. For me I am a Christian and I can get more annoyed at judgmental religious people on me than the non believing judgmental people.

Phibz likes this.
  6. I have to concur with this good sir.

Also, I have to add, we all come from so many different backgrounds and have different life experience to bring to the table, a religion is just a part of that, like it or not. "Religion" is a huge part of my life -- telling me I can't use any influence from my religion when giving advice... Well, I may as well just not speak, then, because it's going to be there. It's just a part of who I am as a person and how I speak. I try my best to be respectful, and I certainly don't shove "religion" down anyone's throat, but if somebody on here has expressed an open mind to religious advice, then I feel they're giving the "go ahead," so to speak, to speak my mind and feel free to be fully myself.

Personally, if this site was super strictly censored and didn't allow religious conversation in any capacity, I wouldn't be here. I think there should be a place for everyone, and as someone before me said, if you don't like to read stuff with religious context, then move on and don't read it. It's not harming you to have to skip a comment or a thread, but it WOULD be harmful to some (not to mention unconstitutional if you care about that) to censor religious freedom of speech completely.

7. RdrMGK69

RdrMGK69 Fapstronaut

I have heard a few people complain that other groups like gender queer group and even a Muslim group can exist but when we have asked to have a Christian group it gets discouraged

8. ^ that's becoming a new trend these days, I feel.

Idk, I feel like I give someone advice that's too "Christian-y" for their taste, they could just say "thank you for your support, but I don't think that will work for me." I mean there's no reason for it to be considered "offensive." I don't consider other religions offensive, as long as they are respectful of me and my beliefs.

TheBeachvillain and RdrMGK69 like this.
  9. ChownTuen

ChownTuen New Fapstronaut

My English's knowledge is poor. It's maybe the first English community that I follow. I promise that I'm gonna to double check my posts! Sorry! :-\