1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is my room so itchy ??

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Kman20, Apr 18, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

So lately I’ve been itching a lot in my room and it isn’t just at night time it’s all dayy. I’ve THOROUGLY checked for bed bugs because I’ve had them before and I don’t see anything. I feel as if it is something biting me though, some of the people I live have been a bit itchy too but only here and there I’m the main one itching so It makes me think the problem is mainly in my room. I vacuum EVERYDAY but I still itch. Sometimes when I lay in bed and I feel itchy I take out my flashlight on my phone and acope around to possibly see something but I SEE NOTHING. But it def feels like it’s something biting me. I don’t fucking know what it is ! Pls if anyone has any idea pls help me out I’m in dire need !

2. Didn't you post about this before? Some suggestions:

1. See a dermatologist. Your itching might have nothing to do with your room.

2. Call an exterminator and have them inspect your room and ask them for advice, and if you feel it would be wise, set up service to have them spray.

3. Clean the crap out of your room. Not just vacuuming, but everything. Curtains, walls, mattress, clean all of your clothes and the inside of your dresser, etc.

4. Inspect as you clean. Check dark places in your room - closet, back of the dresser drawers, under mattress, etc - and look for anything out of the ordinary. Look hard for tiny casings of bugs.

I'll tell you my story... I was dealing with extreme problems of itching. Woke up every morning with bites all over me and no sign of any kind of bugs. Had a bed bug inspection, kept checking around my mattresses, nothing. And my husband wasn't itching at all.

One day, I was searching for answrr online, and I stumbled upon one that sounded promising: carpet beetles. See, here's the unique thing about carpet beetles. They don't bite you. What people are allergic to is their hair fibers. They get in your clothes and on your fabrics, and static electricity charges them, making them tough like needles. Then they prick you, and if you're allergic, it will leave behind a red spot just like a bug bite.

Finally, I had enough, and I took out all my dresser drawers, looking behind them with a flashlight. I found the tiniest little cluster of bug casings in there, and I out it in a plastic bag and gave it to an exterminator friend of mine. Sure enough, they were carpet beetle casings.

So I literally put all of my clothes into the hamper, washed them all that day, cleaned out my dresser with spray (a mix of water with some peppermint and citronella essential oils, which are known to deter bugs). I sprayed it all over, vacuumed my mattress, vacuumed the floor, the carpet in the living room, the couches, washed the sheets and blankets, washed all the curtains in the house, etc. Just cleaned the heck out of everything. Also sprayed some bug spray.

Eventually, a few weeks later, I set up service for an exterminator to come do the inside and outside, and then continue the outside once a month, but honestly, after I did all that cleaning, the problem went away for me.

Now obviously your problem might not be carpet beetles, but I think the same method could apply to whatever your situation. Go on a hunt around your room for evidence of any kind of bug. And also research online. There are a surprising amount of people in your exact situation, the situation I was in a few months ago, with phantom bug problems and unexplained itching. Searching those forums is how I found out about carpet beetles and realized the symptoms sounded a lot like mine.

Good luck, man! I know how terrible that is. On top of all of that, I already have a skin condition called urticaria that makes me itchy all the time. So I'm very familiar with itching. It's awful. I hope you can't find answers soon and get some peace.

MLMVSS, Kenzi and Immature like this.
  3. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

Didn’t I already see this same thread before?

4. I had that issue half my life. Except I didnt only get itchy, I had continuous bronchitis infections for no reason. Turned out there was black mold growing in my closet and behind my bed. Breathing in mold spores can cause really bad problems.

5. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

Second @Castielle , go see a dermatologist. You could have scabies also. I had that before and it really sucks. But the solution is simple if that's what it is.

6. IMO, Scabies wouldn't go away by cleaning/vacuuming. They live on and under the skin.

Kman20 likes this.
  7. Even if it's not a skin condition, a dermatologist could have some suggestions for what else it might be.

Kman20 likes this.
  8. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

Thanks guys, miiight actually be a skin condition now that I think about it. Feels kind of like a rash maybe, I might of just been paranoid thinking it was something biting me but I’m still going to do the intense cleaning. Don’t think its scabies because the itching comes and goes a long with the redness of the itch, so like no bumps at all really. I’m going to try to see my dermatologist sooner than planned maybe. And yeah I did post this before lol but Its still been happening and I was getting put up with it so I started posting it all ova the internets for answer. Thanks again everyone.

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. CrimsnBlade

CrimsnBlade Fapstronaut

True,

You have to take an antibiotic and the easiest way to get rid of them in a house/room is to just leave for 3-4 days. Without a host, the scabies will die in that amount of time and you can go back into the room.

10. Yeah, dermatology is definitely your best bet. Do you ever have any like raised scratches if you itch? Not like round bumps or bites or anything, but just red puffiness when you scracth?

Kman20 likes this.
  11. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

No not really, I’ll just scratch and that part will just be red for a bit then it’ll turn back to my original skin color a while after then I’ll start itching somewhere else. Idk

12. Gotcha. Probably not urticaria then, but it's still a possibility. Allergies are another possibility. But I'm no dermatologist. Lol

Kman20 likes this.
  13. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

I actually think I saw something flying around in my room today. Now I’m paranoid because I thought it was just a rash, I mean it still could be but what if this flying insect is whats making me itch. What flying insect other than mosquitps even makes people itch ? I’m hoping it isn’t fleas.

14. Could be fleas. But you won't know by guessing or asking us. Do all the things I listed above and you will probably find an answer.

15. Kman20

Kman20 Fapstronaut

Okay I think I mayy have found an answer but still not sure. On my sketchbook this evening I saw a tiny white insect( like how baby spiders are just walking red dots, same thing but white) crawling on it. I killed it and saw how small they were, not sure if this is like mites or something? I've heard they bite humans as well.

16. Could be mites. Definitely call an exterminator.