1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is my best friend struggling hard to discourage me

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Sakhi, Feb 17, 2019.

1. Sakhi

Sakhi Fapstronaut

Its been a few months that I have had a bestfriend in work place. He is acting strangely. Whenever he see me that Im studying my lessons, he somehow tries to stop me from that but doesn't want me to know about that. He says me dont study much; its harmful for your mind. He brings some topics about how life is hard trying to show me how dark and disgrace the world is. Im have little depression and I take anti depressant drug too and he knows about it, so one time he told me if someone faces depression, they'll hardly be treated or maybe not although he knows about my situation. I dont know why he is trying to discourage me. I have always tried to help and support him like my brother.I go to the mall with him, most of the times sightseeing and do anything else to make him happy.He knows that too that Im do my best for him. I havent done anything wrong to him. But I know he is so jeliuos. When he see my success, I even see his face become pale and cannot control his reactions.
    I want to know the reason guys. Help me what to do. Why jealousy makes him this much cruel that even he wishes to see me became crazy???? Im sure that when others pay my complements and share my success with others in front of him, he even would like to see me being killed...

2. Well, im sure none of us can tell you why is he jelaous of you.

We can only take a guess. But i doubt it would be much of a help.

Have a serious talk with him, see his motives behind his actions. Be aware that such type of people are the type of people you really do not want involved in your life.

My advice is would be to have a serious but friendly conversation.
    If it does not work out, cut out any ties with him. Its better to be alone for some period of time, someone better will come along in the meantime.

3. Sakhi

Sakhi Fapstronaut

Well friend I once pointed little in my conversation with him that I dont like jealous people, he even became more jealous with me. He shows themself so sensitive to me. Doesnt like others to tell him why he is like that. Besides he always disturbs my work and everything else. Day by day he is trying to know my all secrets and goals in my life too. When Im working he gives me call and telling me that Im scaping him and showing myself bussy...

4. TurnTides

TurnTides Fapstronaut

He might be holding you down. People that interrupt your success or do not provide you with any healthy support should be removed from your life. You gain nothing from someone who seems to constantly seek to damage you or your work ethic.

It might be hard to let a "friend" go, but not all friendships work out. Suggest to him that if he continues that kind of negative behavior, people wont want to be around him all that much.

One thing I've learned is that people absolutely hate being ignored. Show your friend some tough love, he might learn something from it.

5. Sakhi

Sakhi Fapstronaut

well friend he has been the one who I showed so much love for. Im sure he cannot see me improve. Its time to remove these people from my life although I know it wont be easy because he dosnt want to leave me easly too.

6. Marik757

Marik757 Fapstronaut

Get rid of the toxic people. Might be kind of hard due to workplace, but let him know how you feel. Be honest and hope he respects your decision.

Sakhi and TurnTides like this.
  7. Sakhi

Sakhi Fapstronaut

I really feel so sad why people are like this.though all are not so but majority of people are too toxic nowadays. I hate this world and its people around me..

8. oretna

oretna Fapstronaut

Hey dude, the world has pretty different people too!

9. Sakhi

Sakhi Fapstronaut

Ure right man. I really feel sad for jealous people too..