1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

why is everyone here obsessed with God?

A group for members of all religions, or no religion at all, to talk about religion

1. Okay, so because he was an extremist all religion is the cause of everything? You are aware that not atheists are saints as well right? On either side you'll have it where they take their belief or whatever too far and turn it into something dangerous, and that doesn't even have to be about religion as anybody can potentially be a murderer, war monger era or whatever.

Its a flimsy argument that's just stupid.

2. God is of everyone...of theists of atheists..of animals of microorganisms..no one can have their monopoly over god.

3. This, hopefully with time I could always be like this. And I still haven't seen the other seasons of Mr. Robot.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. So, you don't believe that religion seperates one human from another right!!? And you are telling me stupid..

5. As i said earlier..there are two kinds of people..people who believe in god..people who believe in religion...the second ones are dangerous..

Roady likes this.
  6. Not that I really care that this is off topic as this thread is bs anyway, but I've only watched a couple of episodes so far and really like it. I've read up on his character before (not too much for spoilers) and I really resonate with a lot of his personality. Great show so far from what I've seen.

WesternWolf likes this.
  7. And that's your belief, just because somebody believes In something specific like a certain religion doesn't mean they're a psychopath or anything else for that matter.

I could say you're dangerous for wearing a certain brand of clothes but that would just be stupid. People have choices...

8. Could you please elaborate...that's a very general one sided statement without some sort of cohesive argument behind it.

Deleted Account likes this.
  9. No bro..i quit..i don't have enough strength to argue on this as i am already going through anxiety due to relapses.....it was just my opinion..religion wins..

10. Then don't start something you can't finish in the first place...

11. Just don't discriminate anybody on the basis of religion..everybody needs love..have a good day.

Saskia Simone likes this.
  12. Ok

13. Nobody discriminated against anything, you were the one bashing religion vs just God itself or whatever it is you believe in. You literally started this whole argument, maybe don't generalise such a belief and call those people "dangerous" next time.

14. I am the one being discriminated each and everyday becoz of these stupid beliefs..

15. What?? I didn't intend for your anxiety levels to rise because I just thought we were having a calm conversation yet you went from religion is dangerous to religion wins.

16. Please do explain, who is discriminating against... you believing in just God?

17. Religious people did stupid things in history because they believed it was for the sake of God. "Pagans" were evil, they needed to be either baptized, ransomed, held as a slaves or killed. Religion burned many women because they thought the women were witches. Again, religious people thought they are doing good things, that they will go to heaven - because they believed in it. Not because they were evil or something ...

And atheists? Nowadays they are doing stupid things also. And why? Because once again, they think that God do not exist, that a Pope is manipulator, that religious people are herd of sheep, and blah blah blah .... they do not respect other people just because they believe that they are right. If the Christian (for example) isn't convincing atheist that God exist nor pushing him into his religion ... what the hell is a problem? We can live together, happily, but only when we will not force other people to believe into our beliefs.

P.S: I'am not Christian nor atheist.

18. Poseidon

Poseidon Fapstronaut

I agree, there’s wwwwwaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too many Jesus freaks on here. :confused:

19. SolitaryScribe

SolitaryScribe Fapstronaut

I think we're complicating a very simple topic. If you tend to act in love, you can get along with anyone... doesn't matter what you believe