Why I have to wait 20 sec before reporting another post?

Discussion in 'NoFap Technical Support' started by Deleted Account, May 20, 2017.

1. I see no point in this. Only thing it accomplishes is annoyance. I often look in a forum and there's tons of spam posts (which is very often by the way, cos at the time zone I am most of the mods are probably asleep or something). Erection drug ads and all that stuff. Today there were like over 20 of those. I could report all of them in 30 seconds without this limitation but with it it takes like 8 minutes. I understand a limitation for posts so people would not spam as much, but I can see no practical reason for putting the same limitation on report button. As a result it just encourages people to report less spam post and as a result they stay there longer before they are deleted.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. I do feel similarly. I mean I still report a spam thread when I see it. But in case there's tons of them I would not be sitting for 5 to 15 min reporting all of those. I just report a couple of them in a forum section and hope that once a mod gets an alarm they will have enough common sense to go and check the whole section themselves, if there's something more, not just that one specific alert they had.

3. Bnnybnny

Bnnybnny Fapstronaut

I've also hit this limit.

Deleted Account likes this.
  4. Deadlihood

Deadlihood Fapstronaut

When I report a thread and there's multiple ads in that particular section, I simply say "multiple ads in [example] Off Topic".

5. That's so simple and so genius! I don't know how I never thought about that! Way better than just reporting one and hoping that mods will think about checking the whole section, cos in my experience very often they do not, even tho it's technically their job. Anyhow, you just blew my mind! Thanks, I will start doing that too.

Deadlihood likes this.
  6. There is no need to report spam any more. We have to leave it to the mod ass - they have been appointed to clear spam.

7. Ha! You said "ass". Hurr durr. :emoji_stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I barely see any spam posts now. Thank god they don't sit there and marinate for hours after I report them like before, until any mod wakes up and comes online. So that's super great. It really annoyed me to see them online and not being able to do shit about it. New mod assistants seem to be doing awesome job so far. :emoji_thumbsup:

8. Yeah, hail the mod asses. :rolleyes:

9. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Don't forget to report the spam accounts.

10. letter

letter Distinguished Fapstronaut

My Journal
    Unfortunately, some users had been abusing the report feature and we needed to implement a cooldown on reporting to prevent report-flooding. Sorry for the inconvenience in this or the timing of rolling things out.

Yes, the Moderator Assistants will be a huge help in this. Hopefully with them, the cooldown on the reports will not be much of an issue.

11. stygian

stygian Fapstronaut

So right now there are a flurry of spam posts (you know the ones, trying to sell something, links to outside sites or viruses, etc). I reported one. Tried to report the 2nd and get a message that I am reporting too frequently! Clearly I and others are not going to wait, in order to report the rest.

12. Star Lord

Star Lord Fapstronaut

Ye it's a stupid limit. Makes you not want to wait to report.

13. HappyDaysAreHereAgain

HappyDaysAreHereAgain Fapstronaut

As a "mod ass," I can say that any collaboration is very appreciated. There is plenty of spam out there to be cleared. One warning, if you report too much, you could get tapped to do it on a regular basis.

14. Not me mate.

15. HappyDaysAreHereAgain

HappyDaysAreHereAgain Fapstronaut

So you've read The Peter Principle, or maybe just absorbed a piece of its wisdom from life itself.
    I do hope you and others keep reporting as well as continue encouraging.

16. I will win

I will win Fapstronaut

Do you think that 20 sec is too much? We get 7-8 of sleep, which leaves us with 17/16 hours everyday.