1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why i have that low intelligence, it's unfair for me.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by pomasz, Mar 17, 2018.

1. pomasz

pomasz Fapstronaut

Hello, i am addicted to PMO it's my 9 day nofap but i think i am doing it for ever now. :)
    i was addicted from PMO for 10 - 12 years.
    My whole life i feel i am less creative, i lost my imagination when i have been growing up, I don't know if this is caused by PMO, I am 22 now.
    I always had worse grades than others, very often my classmates was laughing at me becouse i didn't get it (jokes or simple tasks).
    It pisses me off from 14 years old. And i still didn't resolve that.
    1. Would it be caused by brain fog my whole life?
    2. Will nofap made me more creative? i don't wanna be happy and stupid too. I don't even talk to girls becouse i know i am talking sh*t.
    If we never experience lack of intelligence, we'll never know how important it is.
    I am doing meditation before i sleep 30 min for 1,3 months now, but still its is not enough, it's like nothing is working on me, belive me i tried many things through this years but never nofap, i hope this is my barrier blocking my true potential and it will improve my imagination too. This is one thing i wanted, and one thing i couldn't never get.

noonoon likes this.
  2. meatsandwich

meatsandwich Fapstronaut

I don't understand jokes also and even when it comes to math I'm zero, but I always aced logical tasks without studying while others couldn't do them and they thought that I cheated, even when it wasn't so.

I'm 22 years old society outcast to be correct, as my mindset doesn't really be the same as other people, while I understood that I should really embrace myself and not try to change myself to not be seen as weirdo, as for example laughing at a joke which it isn't funny doesn't mean that you should make fake laugh to be accepted.

If you don't laugh at silly jokes and you realize your problems, it means you are really more intelligent than you yourself think and more I could say that you are getting lack of intelligence feeling because of the lack of knowledge which can be obtained by studying and gaining information, but the more you gain the more you will feel stupid as for everything that you learn there is something more to learn.

PMO will give your mind a lot of time to be consumed with other things instead of sexual stuff and it will make you achieve more and you will do much more through the day. I feel the barrier too, but when I study much more I feel hyped and it fills me with a lot of energy and also meditation that you are doing is good for your mental growth, so keep doing it and advance further, also after quitting PMO fully your mind will be free from a lot of guilt.

3. noonoon

noonoon Fapstronaut

Good women want good men. Focus on being a good man - no pmo, be responsible, work hard, be kind, do what you say, integrity, etc - and you’ll find good women are attracted to that.
    Many deeply intelligent people are assholes. Or they’re deeply intelligent about stupid things, like football stats or conspiracy theories.
    If you’re reasonably intelligent and work hard you’ll become more and more intelligent. It might not come as naturally, but it will come.
    Creativity is a different thing. I’m not sure how one fosters creativity. But I think it has a lot to do with being inspired by things.
    Anyway, good luck! And God bless!

HipPete likes this.
  4. pomasz

pomasz Fapstronaut

Thanks guys for help!!
    I don't know why, but inteligence is most important for me, saying inteligence i mean more imagination and creativity.
    Becouse the reason i have never approach any girl was not only shyness, but that i was blank, it's like no imagination, like nothing is comming to your mind, nothing to say, never funny.
    At least i discovered nofap, fortunately it helps with being more creative i experienced that at 15 days streak ;)

5. MetaGame

MetaGame Fapstronaut

You cannot really create creativity. But u can bring out what u already have.

Reduce brainfog with NoFap.
    Meditate
    Eat healthier, Keto if u want ur mind clear.
    Do the big five personality test to figure out your traits and emotions. What type of intelligence u you should improve.
    Work out.
    Take nootropics preferably natural that increase memory and cognition like gingko.
    Take the Super Learning and Speed Reading course on Udemy.

You are now a lot smarter.

mahyar1993 likes this.
  6. I’m into sixth week now and for about two weeks my productivity and creativity have been through the roof. The brain fog lifted and I’m firing on all 8 cylinders at the moment.

Hopefully it will keep up. Also had four job offers in last month with pay rises. Rejected two because it would be toxic environments, but considering the other two.

7. That is anxiety symptoms. Have you ever had situations when your mind was blank but later right toughts come to your mind? Anxiety blocks your brain activity and tells you to run away.
    My personal recommendation. Just speak with girls like with everyone else, don't try to impress them or say the right words. Later you will figure out how to do it right:).
    Another recommendation, try to write some personal rewievs of films you watched or books you finished etc. So you can train critical thinking and ability to express yourself.
    Best of luck !

Deleted Account likes this.
  8. Ongoingsupport

Ongoingsupport Fapstronaut

Don't worry too much about intelligence, by itself it doesn't make you better. Someone could be intelligent but not be using it to their advantage, certainly not if they are addicted to something. Even if you're successful an addiction will affect your life at some point.

It's interesting you recognize the value of creativity, not everyone does so that in itself is a big deal. After all someone intelligent can have a decent job, what is typically considered a decent life - but never contribute anything original. What's the point of just being a human calculator?

9. pomasz

pomasz Fapstronaut

Thanks Holden Caulfield maybe you are right but i never had a chance to check it out (if it's anxiety). BUT what's weird i relapsed 2 days ago 7 times ;) i stopped my fight with it for a while and yesterday and today i feel good not only in mood but inteligence works not bad.

I think it's wrong look at inteligence of course, you will be better at counting digits BUT, it's all about ideas, if you are counting big digits you have to fing better way to resolve that, it's not only about working memory. For me, working memory is one of all components, but most important is your imagination/creativity - becouse from there we can have more and more genial ideas. Einstein said- "Imagination is more important than knowledge" And "The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge, but imagination" Becouse from there we are getting genial ideas. This is the reason i am practising every day visualisation to improve my imagination to get better ideas and working memory too. If you are curious why i am saying that things - read about best on the world increasing inteligence technique - image streaming. :)

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
  10. pomasz

pomasz Fapstronaut

And i admire all guys who can surpass 14 day on nofap, my god it's horrible hard to do. Hardest thing ever for me :O

11. I study architecture for 4 years now and started studying physics in the first place for one year. Creativity is a major thing for me, not only when designing a building, but most importantly for problemsolving. I feel that you have to work on tasks and solve problems constantly to be creative. Most of my work by now is just walking up and down in my room talking to myself and writing notes and running throwaway calculations on my computer. I also have to fight with the thought of not being creative enough or that my creativity will fade away or even worse, I am not as creative as I think I am.

What really helps is learning new things constantly, it'll give you more things to think about or more ways to think about things. Learn programming to think programmatically, try to make a robotic arm by yourself, you'll learn about coordinate-systems, start drawing, learn to see lines differently or start 3D-modelling and see real-life textures in their properties instead of just ignoring them. Whenever I learn new things I see things in new ways, it makes me come up with "unique" ideas.

Selfdoubt is a major part of creating things for many artists, I include mathematicians, engineers, programmers, musicians etc. here. Maybe you are more creative than you think ;)

Edit: The hardest part is to start learning a new thing, I know that for sure. Learn how to do that and you won the game.

Holden Caulfield likes this.
  12. Turcu Laurentiu

Turcu Laurentiu Fapstronaut

Intelligence is an advantage, but what gets you to the finish line is having a goal, hard work, and persistence. Don't beat yourself over things that you can't change, it's useless. Focus on things that you can do to improve yourself.