1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Why can’t I do it doggy?

Discussion in 'Compulsive Sexual Behavior' started by reboot_8716, Sep 16, 2018.

1. reboot_8716

reboot_8716 Fapstronaut

Ive been abstaining P and M for a few weeks now and it’s fefinitely helping bring me and my wife closer together, but I’ve had a pervasive issue with the doggy style position for some time. When I was in college I could do it all day, in fact it was he position I was most sure I’d stay hard for. Now every time we set up for it my dick just shrinks to nothing and I can’t get it moving no matter what I do. Her on top or me on top is fine and has no issues about 90% of the time.

It’s incredibly frustrating to KNOW I was a lot better at sex when I was younger - could rapidly switch positions, did anal sex and BDSM regularly, made it through more than 50% of the Kama sutra with my then gf - and am getting shittier at it as I get older. Anyone else experience this? It’s not my feelings for my wife - it’s definitely some deep seeded insecurity around the whole thing that I can’t seem to overcome and gets worse every time I muster up the courage to try something a little more adventurous than missionary and fail.

2. seaguy44

seaguy44 Moderator Assistant

Try cowgirl or missionary position first since it worked for you then switch to doggie. If not work, go back to cowgirl or missionary. Repeat it till you can do doggie easily.

I had same issue with doggie. Missionary was fine. Cowgirl was fine. So I did the repeat cycle. It helps

Are you wearing a condom or doing it without a condom? For me, no condom is always better with a girl. I always make sure that she’s on birth control

3. reboot_8716

reboot_8716 Fapstronaut

Thanks for the comments!

We are using condoms because my wife is a little paranoid about unwanted pregnancy even though she’s also on the pill which I’m sure doesn’t help. But I’m actually debating if I just need full PMO because I also have kinky fetishes I can’t shake and every time we have sex I feel like it keeps me stuck in this mental zone of wanting a bigger high, which isn’t good. She knows about them and agrees to partake if I ask but I feel like I’m manipulating her to feed an addiction and I know she’s not all that into it which actually takes away from the experience a bit. So I’m short I’m still pretty messed up.

4. jorg78

jorg78 Fapstronaut

Give it time, 25 days in is not long enough to see amazing results.

Eat healthy and do the reboot. Don't worry, it's just get worse..

Tannhauser likes this.
  5. reboot_8716

reboot_8716 Fapstronaut

It gets worse? Uh oh!

But I guess I wonder if I need to just be celibate for a while to make it more impactful?

6. seaguy44

seaguy44 Moderator Assistant

That would be a good idea.

7. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

You answered your own question on what the problem is. You may need to reboot for a lot longer than 90 days. The severely addicted may need far longer maybe a year or more. The Delta FosB that's accumulated needs time to actually detach and your dopamine receptors return back to baseline.

Timeline