When will I start acting like I'm God's princess?

Discussion in 'Women in Reboot' started by Gods_princess, Oct 7, 2018.

1. Gods_princess

Gods_princess Fapstronaut

DAY 0
    Daily time with God :emoji_negative_squared_cross_mark:
    Working on my university stuff :emoji_negative_squared_cross_mark:

Relapse :emoji_heavy_check_mark: (MO)

R.o.B likes this.
  2. Solomon435

Solomon435 Fapstronaut

I have these same thoughts with how a lady might love me with my problems. I get where you're coming from. But somehow way deep inside there's a voice that says that if we keep fighting we can find real love. As long as we repent, keep the commandments and seek to serve the right person will come into our lives.

Ah that's the downside of a relapse. It's incredibly difficult to pick yourself back up again the first few times, but if you keep going then you can bounce right back on your feet with ease. It'll seem useless now but try to pick yourself up again. If you need help, don't be afraid to ask us!

I wish you luck for your next steak! :)

Gods_princess and R.o.B like this.
  3. Gods_princess

DAY 1

I am sorry for not journaling the last two days. It's harder for me to stay committed to my daily journal than I thought, especially in relapse phases.

The last days have been pretty rough for me. I had hard relapses. It's not only been with PMO but also with CS. I feeled depressed. I know you guys told me about the problem with frustration after relapsing. One problem that goes deeper for me is that I feel like I'm disconnected to God once I do PMO. I see how my younger sister lives her faith and I feel like ... and question my own conviction. She's been a drug addict and God made her free. She also has problems with masturbation but
    not anymore. I know you shouldn't compare yourself to others but it's difficult not too. I know that God has changed things in my life since I convicted. It's just that I have the feeling PMOing throws me back to status zero. Today I go to a church service in a relatively new church for me here in the town where I study. May God bless our Sunday.

Freedom_lover, Newgirl and R.o.B like this.
  4. Gods_princess

Thanks for the offer!

Solomon435 likes this.
  5. Ra's Al Ghul

Ra's Al Ghul Fapstronaut

There will always be struggles with sin, even as a Christian. The idea that you will have control and victory over temptations once you become a Christian is a fallacy. I know that impression is taught a lot in a lot of Christian denominations since they love to preach victorialism all the time instead of the finished work of Christ.

Gods_princess and R.o.B like this.
  6. R.o.B

R.o.B Fapstronaut

You are very right and practical.

Ra's Al Ghul likes this.
  7. Newgirl

Newgirl Fapstronaut

I'm sorry you're going through a relapse it's tough and depressing. I also relapsed yesterday and it hurts to deal with the regret. Let's remember how we're feeling right now so next time we are tempted we can say no and move on. Don't lose faith with God's help and more determination we will change :)

Gods_princess likes this.
  8. Gods_princess

DAY 1 (is from yesterday, forgot to post it)
    Daily time with God :emoji_white_check_mark:
    Working on my university stuff :emoji_white_check_mark:
    Cleaning my flat :emoji_white_check_mark:
    Taking a walk with my mother :emoji_white_check_mark:

Urges :emoji_negative_squared_cross_mark:

I'm back. I had a bad relapse week and have been feeling depressed so I had no energy to write on here whatsoever. But oh happy day, happy day He washed my sins away. I could start new today and I was able to get some things done. Also I went home to my family. I have a few days left until university starts again and I want to spend them here rather than having too much alone time in my flat in the town where I study.

The last past days I've been thinking about getting psychological help. What do you think about that, guys? I know some Christians see it in a negative light

Solomon435 likes this.
  9. Gods_princess

DAY 2
    Going to the gym :emoji_white_check_mark:
    Going to bible studies :emoji_white_check_mark:

Today's been pretty good. I've been to the gym, spent precious time with my mother and sister and went to bible studies. Even though I just have been able to work on my university stuff for about 50 minutes I try to stay positive about it. Being too hard on my self is not good for my nofap journey. But anyways, does anyone have tips how to stop procrastinating? I'd appreciate it.

I talked to my younger sis about my relapses. She already knows about my PMO issue. She told me that all the internet filters are not going to help me unless I realize how sin separates me from the living God and I finally don't PMO anymore. Have you heard something like that when you talked to someone about this specific issue? I know she's right about this but somehow it's so difficult to stop PMOing. Somehow I don't feel fully understood but on the other hand I know God has made my sis free from masturbating. I know I have to stay in Gods word and to pray to beat this sin / addiction.

Newgirl and Solomon435 like this.
  10. _.._

_.._ Fapstronaut

Therapists vary in quality, I've seen two and they were terrible but apparently some people have had better experience. If you have a close confidant then I'd say psychologists won't provide anything you don't already have. Keep talking to your sister is my advice.

11. Solomon435

Solomon435 Fapstronaut

Whether or not you need psychological help is really up to what you feel like you need. Nobody knows you better than you, so really it's just a question of what you're willing to commit to.

From what I've seen on many journals is that therapy is really effective, but only if you know what you're looking for. It may be a good idea to look across many types of therapy to see which ones are good for you.

Great job on your progress as well! Really awesome. I admire how much you trust and love your sister enough that both of you are fighting this. Keep praying and do what you can!

For procrastination I like to do as much work as I can before it gets put aside, to lower the chance of forgetting about it. Otherwise it'd be a good idea to set aside a time to do your work. For example you can devote half an hour to a full hour of doing work with ten minute breaks in between projects.

Hope that helped! Good luck! :)

12. DoGoodStayClean

DoGoodStayClean Fapstronaut

Muslim here: IMO many psychologists have their own left-liberal world view, have NOT thought to the end on many topics, and have a very unbalanced and unevaluated "sexual liberation" mindset.

The exact mindset that has led to immense STD spread and, you name it, P availability. They'll just say that P is good and whatever else they read in their magazines, unquestioned.

13. R.o.B

R.o.B Fapstronaut

Meds are the last option. Don't go to meds if you feel like you are good on your own. Try to handle it yourself. Share with your sister and even mother( things that you can) , and be humble.
    If you still find something nagging, and feel like help from a pychologist, counsellor would be helpful, then consider, only counselling first, not meds. Talking your shit out to the counsellor might help you to control your life a better.

But the counsellor ideas is only going to work, if the counsellor is really good, very qualified, and renowned. Only then. Otherwise there are many to cheat you with your money.

Take care .
    Keep moving forward.

14. Gods_princess

DAY 4
    Taking a walk with my mother :emoji_white_check_mark:
    Cooking :emoji_white_check_mark:

I'm so glad I'm on day 4. Honestly, it feels like success because last week has been so terrible. God has been so good to me. Yesterday I even went out. Well, kinda. To put it in better words I went in. A guy from my church invited ppl to his house to play board games. I decided spontaneous to go there, too. At the beginning it felt kinda weird because they were talking about movies all the time and I, as a Christian, try to avoid secular movies because they are mostly bad for the soul. Which means I had to listen to them talking about movies I've never heard about. But then we started playing the board game which was interesting even if it was more for men. When I was about to leave the host started a conversation with me. Then his friend who was looking kinda sad joined. Well, that was the best part of the evening because I could have deeper conversations. Interesting enough the friend of the host has the same job I look forward to do in the future.

Today I got my new timetable for the new semester and I'm happy about it. I got into many courses I wanted to. I'll have a lot to study for a big exam in the new semester.

I hope you're all doing good and honestly, I appreciate your comments. :emoji_heart_decoration:

Freedom_lover, Newgirl and Solomon435 like this.
  15. Gods_princess

Thanks. I think talking to my sister and a pastor I have already talked to might help.

16. Gods_princess

Yes, stepping out of my comfort zone and talking to someone close has been a huge step for me. I won't say it's the step to become completely free from PMO but it's a good beginning.

When I have to study I use the pomodoro technique which is basically working for 25 minutes and then having a 5 minutes break. The difficult thing for me is to start to study and to stay concentrated during that process.

Solomon435 likes this.
  17. Gods_princess

I wouldn't say every psychologist would say that because my former psychologist has been more of the conservative type. I think she would be shocked if I had told her about my pmo issue.

18. Gods_princess

That's my exact plan. I've already had psychological treatment but I refused medicaments.

R.o.B likes this.
  19. Gods_princess

DAY 5
    Daily time with God :emoji_hushed: (I was busy all day so I just heard some psalms on my Bible app)
    Spending time with my nephews and nieces :emoji_white_check_mark:

Today was great.

Solomon435 likes this.
  20. Gods_princess

DAY 7 :emoji_tada::emoji_tada::emoji_tada: Celebrate one PMO free week with me
    Taking a walk :emoji_white_check_mark:
    Cooking :emoji_white_check_mark:
    Grocery shopping :emoji_white_check_mark:

Feeling a bit lonely :emoji_heavy_check_mark:

Hey there, I'm so thankful I passed one week without PMO. Thank you, Jesus.
    Today was my first day of my new semester. I only had one lecture. In the beginning of the semester the lecture hall is usually packed but then it gets emptier by time. When there are so many students I'm remembered how alone I am. I don't have friends in uni and it's not that easy to get friends in my course of study because you're constantly in new courses. Also, I don't party which is a bummer for some. Sometimes I think it's my own fault. Maybe I got so reserved because of my past experiences with people. I really have to pray about that field so I can be more open but appreciate my personality (which is not for everyone) at the same time. I don't want other people to see how hurt I am.

Still, this day's been great. I have been able to get some stuff done. And I took a walk in evening. Here in Germany the autumn is pretty cold. I have a lake close to my dormitory. I saw the full moon reflecting in it. I prayed to God.

I hope you're all doing well and if someone has something to say about the loneliness issue I'd be glad to read that.

Freedom_lover, Newgirl and Solomon435 like this.