1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the point in having a girlfriend?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by DaveyCrockett, Dec 27, 2018.

1. I don't know why anyone sees anything with being single either... I think this type of mindset can be toxic since it implicitly promotes codependency on women for a guy to be happy which is untrue. Maybe if we trained young guys to be happy being single maybe incels wouldn't exist. Guys should look for happiness inside of themselves first and not wait for someone else to make them happy.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 27, 2019
    Christian Fox and ReclaimedLife like this.
  2. ReclaimedLife

ReclaimedLife Fapstronaut

Exactly. I learned that the hard way and i am still learning it. I actually like learning how to become better at relationships and dealing with woman properly, because i will inevitably increase my own quality of life later as well. I looks like i am doing this for woman, but in the end its a selfish act. And its supposed to be a selfish act, because otherwise, i would still depend on the woman to make me happy.
    I think the most powerful word someone who isn't used to dealing with pretty girls, learning to say the word "No". I am really happy that we people are able to change so drastically, and pave our ways to a better future by ourselves.
    If i am grateful for anything on this planet, it would be that.
    Being able to shape our future to the better based on our behaviour, the habits we implement in our lives as well the things we learn from the past.

Letting go and not getting attached too easily can be hard for someone who doesn't have a lot of options and isnt that experienced with woman.
    But it can and has to be done, no matter how much it hurts.

3. overclocked

overclocked Fapstronaut

That's a brave question to ask. Many would call you a misogynist. But I personally do not think that getting a gf is necessary or even recommended.
    It's just how it's been for the last decades. Get someone to know, fall in love, date, marry, start a family. Obviously this is not really working out that well, the elderly don't understand this about young people.
    There has been rapid progress in thechnology, and with that culture changed as well. That has made having a gf less attractive, sorry ladies :p

There is nothing wrong with being an introvert and alone. Many people will in fact be jealous of you. Those who rely on other people will more often than not get thwarted in their efforts at some point. Haters gonna hate. And having a gf is a choice that can dramatically change your life for better or worse, I know many guys who were slowed down and ruined.
    I had a friend who didn't sign contract for driving in the world rallye champoinship, just so that he can marry his girlfriend. What a loss, in my most humble opinion :confused:

Not going to discuss the pros and cons of having a gf, but do take into account that a gf can be helpful on your nofap journey. I hit a plateau in my reboot and sex is the only thing that lets me make progress, and a gf is a nice way to have sex. There are other possibile ways with different pros and cons, not sure if we should talk about them here :rolleyes:

4. giorom

giorom Fapstronaut

Dear
    Angus McGyver

you told you don't that a longterm successful relationship requires you to not be in need of anything from the other person.

Why is the reason to stay with a girl if the girl don't give you anything.

Sex with girl is not importart for you in the relationship?

Do you like a relationship without sex?

Please let me know.

5. ReclaimedLife

ReclaimedLife Fapstronaut

Thats NOT what he said. He said that he wanted to wait for the RIGHT woman and WANTS to have a relationship with her and have a real connection with that woman.
    He wants to have sex with someone like that, and doesn't want to have meaningless sex with people he doesnt have a connection with.
    At the moment he is just focussing on developing himself and not focussed on sex in general.
    He knows that will come later with the right woman in a relationship. And it is probably going to be more beautiful.

I can already tell you that he is right. That kind of sex feels MUCH different and is much more beautiful then with someone you don't have a connection with.

Sir Minato and Angus McGyver like this.
  6. Angus McGyver

Angus McGyver Fapstronaut

Hello my friend! Although @ReclaimedLife already have pointed out my reasoning in the post above I would just like to add that you have deeply misunderstood my earlier post. What I tried to reason was the following:

If you enter a relationship with the mindset that your particular woman is going to fill in some kind of void/gap in your life that you currently have or feel, that relationship is doomed from the start. The same goes in the other direction of course. As a matter of fact, most romantic relationships work exactly this way and hence the main reason for why they later fail.
    In order to be in a happy, fulfilling and bonding relationship, you should be able to be happy and satisfied on your own first (without any sex, drugs, alcohol, junk-food and other kind of distractions) which requires lots of hard work regarding personal development.
    If your spiritual life rocks, any girl/woman who you take into your life will be the icing of the cake and not the cake itself. If you have this mindset, the chance of her not giving anything back to you will be slim as you will stand out from the big crowd of men out there, therefore she is willing to give a lot in order to be yours.

I can tell you right away that if sex is one of your highest priorities in a relationships, it is also doomed to fail. One of the main objectives with self-development is to not crave these things but to feel happy and fulfilled without needing them. I want to build a strong bond and connection first because if you don't, you will just crave the sex and the relationship will go sour after some time.
    I do eventually want to have it in future relationships but I won't be the number one priority.

Sir Minato and Christian Fox like this.
  7. this:)

Angus McGyver likes this.