1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What's the best lifestyle to follow?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by IceRocket, May 6, 2019.

1. IceRocket

IceRocket Fapstronaut

Hey guys.
    I am a 16 year old boy from w. Europe and I am trying to improve myself in different ways: stop PMO, getting better at my social skills (that one's the main one), doing Mindfulness, etc.
    And I was wondering how should we live to achieve the happiest life possible. Like Idk, no drinking & smoking &drugs, Mindfulness, meditation, self-help books, praying...? What do you guys do/would like to do to achieve the best life you could have?
    Thanks!

2. Expand your comfort zone.

IceRocket likes this.
  3. Try somthing new everyday somthing that scares you

IceRocket likes this.
  4. Hey Brother ..So you want a better lifestyle , it depends on you how you want it to be....First of all you have to know what kind of habbits you want to adadd such as your fav.hobbie , Waking up early , doing some exercise ,meditating, reading books etc etc..Then next step for you is to implement those habbits...Which is not as hard as next step is ...Next step is to Stay On those habbits , What i mean by this is those habbits not become your habbits yet subconsciously . you need to be consistive..Ya ya I know its hard for myself too but i try my best to do them....I dont have much time ...go to go .Hope you find it usefull.#Peace

IceRocket likes this.
  5. Bale

Bale Fapstronaut

Don't read self-help books. Trust me, they're not worth it. Common sense is underrated these days because of all the commercial hype.
    Figure out your own lifestyle: what type of job, what to do in your spare time.
    Get enough sleep, eat healthy, exercise, take care of your house, maintain good relationships with family, friends and colleagues, partake in group activities, have some creative outlets. And make enjoying yourself a top priority.

koolpal, recon117 and IceRocket like this.
  6. IceRocket

IceRocket Fapstronaut

yeah that's what I have been doing the past months to overcome my shyness and it's working pretty well, so I'll keep doing it.

You're 100% right dude, the worst part about implementing something to your life is actually keeping on doing it. It has happened to me so many times that I start doing something and after a week I stop.

Yep I am trying to go to bed earlier and sleep better and also spend more time with my family when I am at home. also I hadn't thought about that but I need to enjoy myself more, I sometimes think too much about the future and not enjoy the present 100%. That's why I am trying to do Mindfulness

Deleted Account likes this.
  7. properWood

properWood Fapstronaut

Almost any psychotherapist will disagree with me, but here goes. Study some philosophy for a while, learn what people thought in the past a good life is. Not a happy life, but a good life!

My lifestyle revolves around the teaching of Epicurus (the good life is a life of prudence), sometimes stoicism (Seneca, Marcus Aurelius; be prepared for the worst and you’ll be pleasantly surprised when things go well, do your best), and some more exotic ones, such as Buddhism and the Dao (this one is fun!)

Go on youtube and search for Wes Cecil; he’s a philosophy professor in Seattle and posts his one hour long lectures online. He’s always making me smile and some of the lectures I probably listened to 10 times (see Epicurus).

And enjoy the little pleasures!

IceRocket likes this.
  8. IceRocket

IceRocket Fapstronaut

Oh thanks! That's not the most common thing you hear. I'll check that out :)