1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

Whats is wrong with people?! Attention Whore?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Thomaz, Jun 29, 2018.

1. Thomaz

Thomaz Fapstronaut

This week, a girl from my past (3 months ago) posted a nice picture on instagram. We met on tinder and hites it off but did not went on a date because she traveled on vacation.

After a liked her picture she talked to me on whatsap ...
    She said during this time she thought about me a few times and was a shame we never got to meet etc ... (her words precisely)

I asked her out so we could meet friday (today). We talked yesterday just 4 - 5 messages to schedule place and time. She agreed and said she was looking foward to it.

Today I sent her a message to confirm the date ... she read it and did not respond ... then sent her another message saying i would be 15 minutes late (trying to get a response from her) she went online a few seconds after i sent it and she did not read it ... the time to meet arrived and then she blocked me on whatsap and posted on instagram a storie ... "buying a cake to watch a movie at home"

Now im wondering WTF IS WRONG WITH THIS GIRL. Anyone went through something like this?

2. Headspace

Headspace Fapstronaut

Well yes, apparently she has some major issues. Forget her, you deserve someone better than her... While doing so, may be reflect about what made you feel attracted to her in the first place, so you don't have to make a similar experience again. Look for women who are sincere in their words and actions.

3. tweeby

tweeby Banned

Jesus, that was really wrong. Sorry man, doesn't seem like she's interested.

However, if you think that's bad I got a message from one girl which read.

"I did consider dating you but thought otherwise. I already have one vagina so I don't need two."

Hitto likes this.
  4. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

That’s cold af but that says more about the persons insecurities people who go out of the way to make others feel bad usually don’t like themselves

5. Julius93

Julius93 Fapstronaut

Shots fired. Haha.
    It's still quite cheap to bring it like this.

JoePineapples likes this.
  6. tweeby

tweeby Banned

haha it's all good fellas, she was right in some way I guess. I was hiding behind my mommy's apron strings and a rude awakening was needed. Sometimes we need sheet like that.

Just makes me think if I had my shit together how it would be different, I went on several dates with this girl so . . . dayum, anyway it's done.

7. tweeby

tweeby Banned

It's funny cos initially, she wasn't like that at all. She was super sweet, witty, carefree, easy on the eye ;) , girl next door type.

It's only when I failed to step up to the mantle when the shots got fired. Guys that's a lesson right there. When a girl really really likes you and expects great things and you don't deliver . . . make sure you're wearing a safety hat, and ear defenders LOL.

8. Hitto

Hitto Fapstronaut

Haha lol

9. tweeby

tweeby Banned

I know this is getting offtopic but I'm guessing the OP is long gone.

Basically what I learned was if you stand NO chance with a girl, she won't even reply to you. She'll actually be super nice because she's worried she will hurt your feelings. When the claws come out, realise you HAD a prime opportunity but you failed BIG time.

It's kinda like taking a girl on a wild mountainous expedition and you are promising her you can lead her out of danger and into safety, but at the first rock precipice you cling to her like a little girl and scream, 'I don't know what the fuck I'm doing!'

Of course she's gonna be super pissed off. Don't expect anything less.

Kinda makes me feel for @LilD right now. Poor guy.

10. Julius93

Julius93 Fapstronaut

What did you not deliver?

11. tweeby

tweeby Banned

My B.B.C hahaha.

Naw just joking,I guess I just wasn't man enough, scared to kiss her, scared I'd mess things up, wanted to use her to just get a gf and some hot sex, wasn't actually offering her anything. Ya know the regular shizzle most lonely loser virgin guys do.

^Hell just keeping it real fellas, truth, straight up.

12. Julius93

Julius93 Fapstronaut

Maybe you should have smacked her in the face to give her the right expression. haha

13. tweeby

tweeby Banned

You mean

hit it quit it aw hell yeah jk jk

14. LilD

LilD Fapstronaut

@tweeby, nonono, my girl is a nice person.

tweeby likes this.
  15. tweeby

tweeby Banned

^Oh I know she's a nice person, however, when a man is leading his girl through dangerous terrain regardless if she is a bitch or a sweetie, she will be pissed off and leave if he doesn't know where he is going or what he is doing :p

16. elevate

elevate Fapstronaut

@tweeby those kinds of experiences (failure and rejection) are necessary for growth. People that avoid those negative experiences will always be stuck.

It's when you change your mind / opinion / behavior in reaction to whatever the other person does. It's acting in a way that you think the other person will like you for. It's when you hesitate to ask someone out on a date or go for a kiss. This is when you're overly concerned about the outcome. You hesitate to be approved of, to ease the tension, and to avoid conflict.

"If I don't have a guarantee that it will work, then I cant go for it."
    "I don't know if he/she wants to, so I'll hide my desires and intentions."
    "He/she might get offended or might not like that if I try."
    "I might get rejected."

You have to play to win. You have to be willing to risk rejection and failure. Rather than play not to lose. Rather than staying in the neutral area where you don't lose, but you also don't gain anything.

The more bold and clear you are with your intentions, the more bold and clear the other person will be with their interest level. The sooner you find out, the sooner you can move forward or get rejected and move on to find people that are interested. Rather than waste time hiding your intentions while secretly trying to convince someone who isn't interested. Rather than compromising what you want and who you are in order to be liked for someone that you're not.

Allow people to reject you and what you want. Let go of trying to control other people. You just focus on who you are and what you want. Find someone that wants that rather than playing games with people that aren't interested. Place more value and certainty on yourself rather than needing someone to validate.

You shouldn't have to pull out some crazy bag of tricks and pump yourself up every time you're trying to attract someone. They're either interested or not. Find out faster rather than dragging things out.

17. Miguel Rocha

Miguel Rocha Fapstronaut

@Thomaz Sorry man. She's a flake. The world is going insane: Instead of replying to you directly she posted "buying a cake to watch a movie at home" assuming that you would see that shit.

Be careful with the social networks. Make sure you control them instead of them controlling you. And that girl is seriously fucked up with that kind of "scheme".

It is real only when you have a date on a real place in person. That's the rule for me. The danger with the social networks is that our brain assumes there's a thing going on when there's none. But yeah it's confusing and unprecedented in the history of mankind.

About the lady: she's a flake and she's showing her character to you. Lucky you. ;)

18. reborn999

reborn999 Fapstronaut

you have to always meet up with second choice; like i'm getting a drink in a bar at 8, you should come too, you have to let her step in your world; but whatever, forget her, but next time have a plan b, so you can't get rejected, play it smart, like in chess, don't let her get a chance to get the king, you have to move and have other people infront if it

Miguel Rocha likes this.
  19. MetaGame

MetaGame Fapstronaut

Ive been through something like this before.

Listen it could be many reasons. But in my experience because the girl had did it to me once before. She did it again and she just sorta admitted that its not me. She is just crazy and anxious.

Most women wont come out and say that. Or alternatively she did want to go meet u but some ex bf or some guy showed up instead with weed and money and she was like oh nvm. This is u never know with some people. But trust me . NEVER FEEL BAD. Because imagine dating someone like that. THey spared u the pain man. Dw about it too much. I understand its like ?????? lol . I been there x2 and just move on.

Miguel Rocha likes this.
  20. STAR DUST

STAR DUST Fapstronaut

Approach more girls 8 out of ten will flake or reject you. Focus on the 2 but develop thicker skin. It’s a game. You win some and loose some.

Miguel Rocha, elevate and tweeby like this.