1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

what to do when suddenly urges comes.

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by intodust, Jan 5, 2015.

1. intodust

intodust Fapstronaut

I thought it would be a good idea.
    What action should someone take if urges suddenly Strick's?

2. TwelveFoot

TwelveFoot Fapstronaut

Drop and give me 20!

That's my method so far. Push-ups, sit-ups, whatever. Gets you moving, gets blood flowing to other areas, gets you away from the Internet for a moment, gets your mind off the urge, gradually makes you more attractive...

Islanders190 likes this.
  3. abc95

abc95 Fapstronaut

Get out of your house and walk for like 20 minutes listening to music. That works for me all the time.

4. jazzphanatic

jazzphanatic Fapstronaut

Great advice gentlemen. I may use the 20 min walk/music one!

5. SadFapper

SadFapper Guest

I'm struggling with this one however I just had the idea to leave a jar of cashews near my computer, if I get the urge I'm go to eat a handful with both my hands so they'll be covered in salt and I shouldn't want to fap, it sounds stupid but if it turns out to work then it isn't stupid

Islanders190 likes this.
  6. BackcountryCamping

BackcountryCamping Fapstronaut

This is true. I never thought about something like that...

Islanders190 likes this.
  7. Namekian23

Namekian23 Fapstronaut

Try meditation as well to balance your mind and body. Studies have shown that meditation can have some good benefits such as better sleep, improved concentration, an easier state of mind, and even inner happiness that the external world can't give you such as money or cars. The upside is that there is more benefits to come; but the downside is that you must practice daily with great perseverance and a full commitment. Start off with maybe 15 minutes. Try to meditate at least once a day. I've done some meditation on and off for years, but I'm taking it more seriously. Remember, everyone has their own methods, so do some research and find the best technique that works for you. Good luck!

8. Aryan

Aryan Fapstronaut

I would shift my attention to other things and stop thinking about it.

9. Manimal

Manimal Fapstronaut

First take as much information about the urge as you can. your going to have urges your whole life to better defend against them i feel it best to understand them. When, where, why? You'll eventually be able to identify your triggers, patters, and other influencing factors.

I also do some sort of physical activity though once I've accepted the urge. Right now its PC mussel exercises and vacuum exercise. Other favorites are pushups and wall sits.

10. jazzphanatic

jazzphanatic Fapstronaut

Manimal, I like what you suggest about taking in as much information about the urge as you can. This, I believe, is a very wise yet challenging thing to do. But awesome advice nonetheless. Thanks for your post and the best of luck to all of you gentlemen!

11. iceman137

iceman137 Fapstronaut

Its very true what u said Manimal. If u question why I'm suddenly having this urge, it will be easy to stop the chain rxn of thoughts . This is hard thing to do, but crucial to stopping the urge, and combating the habit itself.

12. spartanian

spartanian Fapstronaut

maditating for 30 minutes also helpfull to stop the urges.