1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What to do now

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Jack Jackson, Aug 14, 2017.

1. Jack Jackson

Jack Jackson Fapstronaut

Hi guys, been quite a long time since I've posted and I'm glad to say I eventually made my ninety days!
    Since then I've had a lot going on personally which may or may not have affected the way you normally change when first abstaining and I was hoping for some advice from someone else who may have experienced something similar.

After my successful 90 days I began going through the most consistent period of stress of my life and I'm not proud to say I've developed a bit of a smoking habit which I feel may be affecting the usual superpower feeling so many experience.

I'm currently smoking around ten or more cigarettes a day (which is only temporary until my stressful situation is resolved) and was wondering just from experience if anyone thinks this may be killing any nofap gains as I often feel anxious if I smoke none and also from after I smoke several in the space of a few hours.

To top this off I've slowly began lapsing back into bad habits like basically sexting the girl I'm currently sleeping with and not being as vigilant against sexual thoughts etc but just basically wondered if anyone thinks the cigarettes could be the main problem at this point in the journey?

Many thanks guys and keep up the good work

2. señor

señor Guest

Yea man I had a really hard time with nofap while I was still smoking. There a just something about giving into temptation -- any temptation -- that slowly chips away at your will to move forward with your goals. And you can already see the cascade it's having on your progress with the sexual behaviors you've seen yourself stumble back into. That's a dark dark road, been down it almost in routine and it leads you to nowhere every time

I donnu if cigarettes are the main problem but it's definetly something you'll want to get past, quitting helped me a lot anyway