1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What should I plan for the first date, and how should i ask her out?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Sleepingbadger, Feb 19, 2018.

1. Sleepingbadger

Sleepingbadger Fapstronaut

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask these kind of things, but...

I'm 17 years old guy currently studying in high school.

I would like to ask a girl out, but i don't know how should I do it, and what should i plan to do on the date. We had great time together at a school prom, and we already had a little small talk. I'm pretty new to these things, and I've never actually talked to girls before, but now I'd like to give it a shot. After a long time of struggling with my PMO addiction and depression, I was finally able to truly smile :).

What do you guys suggest I should plan if I ask her out? Also what is the best way to ask a girl out? Should I do it face to face or does message or call work fine too? Just wondering since she is always with her friends at school, and I don't think it would be a good idea to ask while her friends are around.

Before I've not been able to ask anyone out, but as my reboot goes further, my confidence have skyrocketed. Now I'm feeling like I can think about this seriously for the first time in my life :).

2. TC10

TC10 Fapstronaut

Face to face is the best. But you need to get her alone indeed. I don’t know your situation exactly, so I can’t give you perfect advice, but I’d keep it casual and not too much of a ‘date’ because it sounds really heavy.

Good luck! And keeping us up to date would be nice :)

3. JUST ASK, if she is in to you and likes you she will go out with you if she is not she will make lame reasons not to, face to face is key here if her friend are around just tell them you would like to talk to her privately keep it short and direct . As far as a date keep it short 2 hours tops and fun and cheap DONT SPEND A BUNCH OF MONEY AT SOME RESTURANT go some place and just order a water and talk don't make it a big deal

Drift and Sleepingbadger like this.
  4. Ask her in person. If you can’t in person, phone is okay but CALL don’t text. Ask her out to coffee or something chill and inexpensive.

Drift and Sleepingbadger like this.
  5. Mankrik

Mankrik Fapstronaut

In person while you two are alone together if possible. Maybe get coffee since that's inexpensive and sophisticated.

Sleepingbadger likes this.
  6. Jennica

Jennica Fapstronaut

The nice thing about coffee/lunch is helps to take the pressure off you both by being in a more casual atmosphere and as others said it’s nicer on the wallet but still sophisticated, (just don’t do Starbucks). Find ma & pop coffee house with some small beastro type foods like artisan sandwiches and such.
    You both get a chance to see if you want second and you can “step up” the second date with movie.
    There is nothing wrong with good o’l Fashionable courting that will make a statement at your age.
    Asking in person is always the best, at least over the phone if you need.

TC10 and Sleepingbadger like this.
  7. Sleepingbadger

Sleepingbadger Fapstronaut

Thank you all for your advice!

There is a cheap coffee place next to our school. Maybe I'll just ask her casually face to face if she wants to go grab a coffee with me after school, could be a nice way to get to chat a little.

I think I'll try it right away when I get a chance to talk alone with her :)

Jennica and TC10 like this.
  8. lamstronger

lamstronger Fapstronaut

Don't make it serious, you can just ask her to go for coffee, have a casual conversation. Telling her you want to have serious date can set an awkward tone. and yeah, do it face to face.

Sleepingbadger likes this.
  9. Drift

Drift Fapstronaut

The nice thing about coffee is it can be really short if it’s not a great fit and you all can roll out if needed. Otherwise, coffee places are designed to settle into and stay a while.

Also agree with keeping it short, also ask and listen about her and what she’s interested in.

Sleepingbadger and Jennica like this.
  10. that's beautiful :) i am a girl. i would recommend you to do it face to face when she is alone or if she is always surrounded by her friends, text her, do you have her number?