What? O_o

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Roving Helio, Sep 17, 2017.

1. Roving Helio

Roving Helio New Fapstronaut

So I just woke up, and aparently I ejaculated while asleep...
    I don't think i should reset my PMO counter, and i don't know what to think about this.
    I feel kind of bad just because, semen retention was my goal. And now i didn't really do anything "bad" but it got out anyway.
    What do you guys have to say about it?

Flyhigh likes this.
  2. Roving Helio

Well, i can say i dind'nt feel anything at all, i just felt wierd when i got up and my legs were tired, wich i assumed it was because i worked out yesterday but i realised had done it. Not much to look forward to, in all honestly.
    Thx for the reply :)

Flyhigh likes this.
  3. It's worth noting that the part about it being the body's way of getting rid of excess semen actually isn't true. Your body breaks down, reabsorbs, and replaces your semen on a regular basis, so there is absolutely no need to ejaculate in any shape or form, wet dreams included.

The reason wet dreams occur is pretty simple. During your dreams, your brain is still sending signals to your body as if you are awake. For example, if you run in a dream, your brain sends the same signals to your legs as if you were trying to run in the real world. So, why don't you get up and start running when you're dreaming?

Simple, because of a process known as REM atonia. During the REM (Rapid Eye Movement) stage of sleep, when your vivid dreams occur, the body paralyses itself to prevent you acting out your dreams. Not all of your body is paralysed though, in fact, that's why this stage of sleep is called Rapid Eye Movement sleep, because your eyes aren't paralysed and so they dart back and forth while you're dreaming.

There are also some things that REM atonia can't prevent, like urinating. That's why sometimes if you urinate in a dream, you urinate in real life. Orgasm is another one of those things, so typically if you reach orgasm in a dream, you will orgasm in real life, and wake up having ejaculated. Sometimes you'll remember the dream and the orgasm, but if your dream recall is poor (Did you know you have at least 5-6 dreams every single night? If you're not remembering them all, your dream recall isn't great) then you might not remember the dream, and will just wake up to a sticky mess without recalling why it happened.

Now unless this was a lucid dream (i.e. a dream in which you were aware that you were dreaming and in full control) then you didn't make the orgasm occur of your own accord, so it's not a reason to reset your counter.

However, if you are trying to completely avoid orgasm, then you should try to avoid wet dreams too. Believe it or not, they can be avoided. The content of your dreams depends very much on what's going on in your mind. So if you're entertaining a lot of sexual thoughts, particularly in the evening/night right before bed, you will have a very high chance of having sexual, and thus wet, dreams. If you can avoid such thoughts, particularly in the late hours of the evening, then you can dramatically reduce or even entirely eliminate the risk of having a wet dream.

Orgasm certainly isn't the enemy, and unless you plan to remain celibate and avoid sex, it's going to happen. However, during the early days of a reboot, avoiding sex and wet dreams can be a good idea to speed up the process. So definitely try cutting down on/avoiding sexual thoughts if you want to avoid them from happening again.

Tl;dr: Don't beat yourself up about wet dreams, but they can be avoided by reducing sexual thoughts.

4. Roving Helio

I guess i was just surprised, i never thought much of it after i posted this.
    Thank you for the explanation, but yeah, i mean i just got into a new class with 2 guys and 25 girls, cute might i add, and so meeting them after summerbreak, in which i wasn't used to meeting 25 girls everyday, might have been a really huge leap.

Still i am fine and i feel as usual, you know, the confidence and all of that, so its ok.

5. Just be careful of the chaser effect, I once had a wet dream and the next day I felt as if I had fap the day before and had a ridiculous urge to M

6. Roving Helio

Yeah it was last week, so i'm fine.
    Hope you pulled through it :)