1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What motivates you?

Discussion in 'Self Improvement' started by Immor, Feb 27, 2016.

1. Immor

Immor Fapstronaut

I'm trying to find a motivating quote or something every other day. Help me by posting quotes, goals, stories, videos or whatever else that personally motivate you.

Here is my currently favorite video. I love both the music and cinematics:

2. A Vikings' Son

A Vikings' Son Fapstronaut

Nice Video you posted there, for Assassins Creed fans definitly a must seen.

Currently I'm watching this one:

I'm obsessed with it. Check out the other stuff. Mateusz M is THE God Of Motivation!

Machin and Immor like this.
  3. SONofVEnus

SONofVEnus Fapstronaut

Chicken soup for the soul series inspire me a lot. They are true stories.
    I found out just now, that you can read few of them every day for free.
    If you like it,
    here are two examples:
    http://www.chickensoup.com/book-story/31214/4-no-worries
    http://www.chickensoup.com/book-story/27543/57-overcoming-shyness

And few quotes:
    "Sometimes silence is the only thing that explains what's going on inside you.", Steven Aitchison
    "The moment you have to prove your worth to someone is the moment to absolutely walk away.", Alysia Harris

Take care, man, we are in the same...............

Immor likes this.
  4. Immor

Immor Fapstronaut

And even for those that aren't, it is a story of evil, bravery, brotherhood, skill, sacrifice, struggle, victory. At least somewhat rooted in reality. Very much speaks to me.

Although I usually don't appreciate the videos specifically for motivation, the one you got there is definetly one of the better ones. Thanks.

A Vikings' Son likes this.
  5. There was a time I was into motivation videos, but now not so much anymore. The enitre "you have to work harder no matter what"-aspect of it, I couldn't stand it anymore after a certain time.
    There is not one thing thta motivates me, motivation is constantly shifting and not always with an apparent reason. But in a few things I can't give in even if motivation is very low, like PMO. In these things I just pretend PMO is not an option and it is not even possible for me to do it. After all, if it really is not possible for you at that time, the need isn't as strong.

Immor, vulture175 and SONofVEnus like this.
  6. vulture175

vulture175 Fapstronaut

How about this one?

7. Really moved me tbh. I sometimes feel imprisoned by my depression, and even when it gets better for a few days, I still fell back every time.

8. Immor

Immor Fapstronaut

I get where you are coming from, at least I believe. Seeing what the bottom is like is very real and gives perspective.
    Another one of the sort:

vulture175 and SONofVEnus like this.
  9. Porkins

Porkins Guest

I don't really find motivation in videos or songs. My real motivation comes from knowing I'm worth more than a life addicted to PMO.

10. MFCSteele

MFCSteele Fapstronaut

I started memorizing the Ranger creed

11. Machin

Machin Fapstronaut

Mateusz M is really good at it, and I've been watching his videos for years.
    My favorite is this one :

A Vikings' Son likes this.
  12. A Vikings' Son

A Vikings' Son Fapstronaut

The good old "Why Do We Fall"! Always good :D

dragonborn99 likes this.
  13. dragonborn99

dragonborn99 New Fapstronaut

Sports and music, specially this one :D

14. "Just know that if your not putting a brick down somebody else is"

15. there is a motivation section on quora. I browse through the stuff there and post the good ones in my thread.