1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What it takes to be a Moderator.

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Nov 11, 2018.

1. I really, honestly, do not know if I should ask this question.
    But, what is like to be a moderator of a forum? Basically what are moderators actual roles and responsibilities? And what skills are needed?

Our moderators are:
    @2525
    @Jen@8675309
    @rostronaut
    @sparkywantsnoPMO
    @Survivalist

Your feedback would be greatly appreciated. Its not for a job or anything. I am however trying to develop my skills as a leader.

Shoto Jaya and Deleted Account like this.
  2. There are open applications for the post from time to time. Keep an eye out for those. The requirements are basic and simple: A certain number of likes, messages and time on the forums, along with people actually responding to you and positive interactions. Like I said requirements are simple enough. As far as duties go, these may include avatar approvals, keeping spam managed, and to break up any hostile discussion and maybe even report something serious to the main admins. Hope it helps. Also, you can't be a moderator right from the start. What you can become is a Moderator Assistant and from there you may be able to progress further. But that needs a lot of work.

3. Cool... will look into it.

Deleted Account likes this.