1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is your opinion on dating websites?

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by Deleted Account, Aug 19, 2018.

1. kingpietro

kingpietro Fapstronaut

So if you are sitting on the table and they ask you how do we met ? We met at tinder(hookup site) oh ok...

The relationships who lasted for years and each person where happy with eachother where not through online datign.

2. Well why is it bad? It depends not on the basis of a relationship. As I said, I gonna marry my fiance in two weeks, we are having a baby and we met via instagram.

It is much harder nowadays to find the perfect partner. Sure there are more ppl who has bad intentions on online dating. But you can find real love too.

3. ReadyToStop

ReadyToStop Fapstronaut

Married for a decade. Kids. The whole thing. Not sure why this method of breaking the ice and starting relationships is so frowned on. Either way, it has worked miracles for people.

4. Peiskos

Peiskos Fapstronaut

I met my first, only and current girlfriend of nearly 2 years and counting on a dating app.

The idea of people using online dating websites/apps only because they are "scared to talk to women" is a bunch of BS and in my opinion its just an excuse for people who have failed to find success on them. I mean look around, we'll soon be in the 2020's the twenty-twenties! .. just saying that sounds so futuristic. Technology is something that is here and it will only become more and more integral in human society, millions of couples you see walking around met online, it is a common thing nowadays and it isn't frowned upon in any way whatsoever.

I'd say only Tinder is frowned upon because that is a known and established service that caters to one night stands and simple hook ups. That isn't the place you go if you want to find a real relationship just like how there are certain places you don't go in real life to find a real relationship, aka strip clubs, trashy bars etc.

Last edited: Aug 23, 2018
  5. ReadyToStop

ReadyToStop Fapstronaut

My kids go to a preschool in town. All the parents one day went around and were asked to tell how they met. There were 30 couples, each with between 1 and 3 kids. of the 30 couples, 18 had met through online dating services. Most had been together over 10 years.

6. cocobutter

cocobutter Fapstronaut

If you're in a city, I'm a big fan of OkCupid.

7. Really depends on where you are living. Here (small college town in Bavaria, Germany) you have matches from time to time but for whatever reason people only use it when they are bored and nobody really takes it serious. Many are also very uptight. That's different in bigger cities because people are more open and it was really wild in Ireland while I lived there two years ago. Never had so many matches with so many really pretty girls.

8. Get with the times or get left behind that is my opinion on online dating. Regardless of what any one thinks the facts show that most people are meeting through dating apps these days. More so than in real life approaches that’s just the way the world is at the moment. So by going against the trend and refusing to use dating apps you are basically making it harder for yourself to meet people. Nobody is saying that you should not try doing approaches too. If you are really serious about meeting people then you should be using every tool at your disposal.

I like dating apps they work you just need to know which ones to use and how to use them properly. Tinder is most definitely not a scam. I dated a girl from Greece we met on Tinder. Went on dates and had sex. She was totally into me. It only ended because she had to go back to her country. I met another girl on a dating app called Coffee meets bagel. She’s the last girl I dated. Proof that it works. I have many other stories. I also know many people who are in relationships and they met through dating apps.

What people sometimes forget is that many people are busy these days. They don’t have the time to go out and meet new people. Online dating makes it super simple. You can be anywhere, home out, hell you can even be sick and still meet people when you want. So why are you denying yourself all of these opportunities by shying away from services that have millions of singletons waiting to meet you? People who are reserved, shy, introverted and suffer from anxiety are more likely to be open when meeting through dating apps. So these people who you don’t meet in real life will be open to you on there. Win, win in my book.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2018
  9. The problem with dating apps is that you need to be good at selling yourself. I know from experience that when your self-confidence is low or you're depressed it is very hard to do that or even to take a decent selfie. It can be very frustrating when everybody around you is meeting people from Tinder and you're the only one who does not even has a match.

10. The same rule applies to all of life. Job interviews, approaches, making friends etc... Selling yourself is a skill. Skills can be learned by anyone. There was a time when I sucked at online dating. I couldn’t get any dates and only a few girls responded to my messages. I wasn’t really attracted to any of them... So I taught myself how to get good. I read and learned everything I could on online dating. Long story short. I went from no dates and no phone numbers. To hundreds of numbers and dozens of girls to talk to and meet.

11. Any recommendations on good reading material?

12. I sent you a DM with information, check it out.

Deleted Account likes this.
  13. LEPAGE

LEPAGE Fapstronaut

To me, there is something so unromantic about online dating.

Knighthawk likes this.
  14. Bandido

Bandido Fapstronaut

online dating doesn't work unless you're very good looking guy

plus there are many fake profiles

aslo why would a woman be on there? women get attention and tons of options in real life, most of those women on online dating are not worth it, many have mental issues and all they want is an ego boost

15. Peiskos

Peiskos Fapstronaut

You're not actually dating online, you're simply meeting online.. your dates are in person and the online part is simply the venue. Its no different than two people who meet at a bar.

Millions of successful relationships that have gone on to marriages have happened through online dating. My girlfriend and I just celebrated our 2 year anniversary, we met on an app. It's simply the way of the future for many with being too busy with work.

People are entitled to have their opinions on it, I guess I just like to defend it because it worked for me.

16. Toomuchh

Toomuchh Fapstronaut

It works for most people... you don't have to be a model but you have to atleast be able to dress nicely and show you have decent hygiene. Nothing that you wouldn't do in person to impress a girl. I know a decent amount of people who met through apps like tinder and they've been together for years. It's just a way for people meet, they both have to actually work at it like everyone else for a relationship to be successful.

Sure some women might use it for attention, some women are shy and some just don't have the time.

I've used tinder a bunch and while it hasn't netted me "the one", it was a good way to get a bunch of dates with a lot of women I wouldn't have had the time/chance to meet otherwise.

17. That’s simply not true you don’t need to be a GQ model to succeed with online dating. There are plenty of reasons people would use online dating. I can give you two examples. I went on a date with a girl she was a baker. She worked shift work and left the house at 5am cycled to work and then cycled back home later. Five days a week. So it’s damn near impossible to meet anyone on the daily commute. She even worked on some weekends too. So you can see why she would use online dating. It’s always available and you can meet people you wouldn’t meet during your commute.

Second example I’m currently working in another city. I have to drive to work. Obviously it’s just me in the car there is nobody to meet. And then the commute back is the same I get back late so going out when I get back home is unlikely. So I’m left with just weekends for a social life at the moment. And yes you can potentially meet work colleagues but not everyone wants to date a collegue too much drama too awkward.

So you see online dating has it’s purposes.

18. torrace

torrace Fapstronaut

I used Tinder, met 7 ladies offline. Only 1 really caught my attention. Unfortunately, she told me she still wanted to explore her options. Made the decision to let her go and move on.

19. Ridley

Ridley Fapstronaut

Yes. It was a completely fruitless endeavor. I almost never got responses from people, and when I did, it never went anywhere. I got the impression that a lot of people on these sites were just looking for people to talk to rather than actually setting up a date and meeting in person. I also think it can be really superficial (depending on the service you're using), focused more on flaunting the way you look than on interesting conversations and real, human interaction.

I felt lonely, bored, and ultimately like I was wasting my damn time.

For me, no. It was a complete waste of my time. However, I'm just one example, so take what you read with a grain of salt. I know many people who met through online dating services. My mom met her current husband through an online service, and they've been married for over twelve years now. Personally, I have a much easier time meeting women when I put myself out there and just do things that I actually enjoy. Most of the time, when I do what I love, there are other people who love doing that thing, too, and that activity will bring us all together. I think that's a much better way to meet women than using an online service. Do what you're passionate about, and just be yourself :)

Knighthawk likes this.
  20. Hammer To The Crotch

Hammer To The Crotch Fapstronaut

I don't use dating sites or apps. Dating for me is awkward. Its like a job interview and you have to shift through all the vanity and craziness. However, my friends both male and female all seem to be cooing over Bumble. Its Tinder, but the idea is the Woman is the only one who can speak first.

I got to admit its a winner, it outs the power in the womans hand and the pressure to make the first move off of the guys.