1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What is success?

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Hellnopmo, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Hellnopmo

Hellnopmo New Fapstronaut

I have joined NoFap recently, I am now for the first time ever considering the negative effects of what you could probably call an addiction. I see many people on this forum giving a summary of how this has impacted their life in a fantastic way. Do I treat every single day I make the choice to not destroy myself as a success, or do I treat it as second nature so I don't think about it and put my head else where, I'm trying to understand the correct awareness and mentality to truly achieve success from this, because I have no doubt that doing this to your body and making your chemicals fluctuate to the degree where your body is constantly tired makes logical sense. So with that in mind, what mindset should I adhere to accomplish this? Thankyou for any time taken to help me.

KLTNS, clean33 and R1111444 like this.
  2. Paleblood

Paleblood Fapstronaut

Where to begin? Lol really though, the mindset is "fuck PMO, I don't like touching dick, I am a man, I am a beast, I look like a fucking champion I am the best" also go on Google and type nofap ____ which can be whatever. Try nofap, I feel great or nofap helped me become a man, or nofap gas problems cured, etc etc. Also realize that although we all have a voice. Some will never quit PMO because they RATIONALIZE. If you see this say FUCK YOU YOU WANKER. Then continue about your business. Nofap will help in ways you never imagined. And you can only see the changes after you have begun healing. For instance one that changed for me that no one else seems to talk about/notice is wrinkly hands. I can do dishes or take a 30 minute shower and my hands don't get wrinkly anymore. However, you must truly want it psychologically, if you think a dirty thought for one second, DESTROY IT. This isn't a game this life and you get what you deserve. Anyone can quit PMO forever right now. They just have to WANT IT. GOOD LUCK

Hellnopmo likes this.
  3. clean33

clean33 Fapstronaut

I do like your topic. I asked myself similar questions.

I don't pretend to have the perfect mindset recipe. Just sharing how I feel.

On this forum, I can read some posts where people express their feelings with a lot of hanger, sometimes even rage.
    Quote : " I hate myself"
    Quote : " I am ashamed of myself"
    Quote : " I have to change", "I must stop"...
    Quote : "failure"

Although I practice PMO for decades and I'm sure it did impact my life socially and professionnaly, I try not to hate myself.

My approach (not sure it's the good one) is based on accept what I did.
    But I don't hate myself, I just want to change and get better.

I am not particulary proud of what I did, but I don't feel ashamed either.
    PMO itself does not make you a bad person.

what mindset should I adhere to accomplish this?

Honnestly, I don't know.
    I just take a day after another. But enjoying everyday PMO free seems like a good start to me.
    Be confortable with your wishes, your targets.

Keep it up !

Foledawg603 and Hellnopmo like this.
  4. AliWantsOut

AliWantsOut Fapstronaut

That's definetely how you go about it, putting yourself down won't help (learnt this the hard way!) I learnt from this youtube channel called "Black White Guy In America" the best thing to do after a relapse is to look yourself in the mirror, smile, and say:"I am a human and I make mistakes over and over until you uplift your mood, it really helps.

Hellnopmo likes this.
  5. im_alive

im_alive Fapstronaut

Well said!

Hellnopmo likes this.
  6. feo1966

feo1966 Fapstronaut

My own experienceis I need to think about my pmo addiction everyday. If you treat it as second nature, you will get complacent and overconfident which can lead to a relapse.

You are trying to retrain your subconscious. Think of it like training a dog. If you are training a dog you would have to be constantly Vigilant as you walked the dog. If you were distracted and thinking about other stuff instead of retraining the dog, it is more likely that the bad dog will slip into its old behavior

Hellnopmo likes this.
  7. Hellnopmo

Hellnopmo New Fapstronaut

I'm on day 4 now, I've actually had virtually zero desire to relapse, I feel different in terms of how I actually feel in the presence of other people, eye contact seems much easier than previously, I can comfortably have a conversation whilst looking someone in the eye and not feel as though I'm staring too long or being strange and forced, which in turn is letting people know I am genuinely interested which is letting them in turn open up more, so it's creating quite a nice positive cycle socially. I'm not keeping a diary as I find trying to compare anything with this amount of self awareness is rendered somewhat pointless? , I'm looking forward to the changes another full week brings, but I honestly feel more for lack of a better word, complete? Like I feel my emotions and logic are working harmoniously rather than counter productively against each other? Anyway, it's a positive day today and I feel the future is even brighter.

feo1966 likes this.