1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What I learned last year

Discussion in 'Dating during a Reboot' started by TetsuoAkira, Feb 9, 2017.

1. TetsuoAkira

TetsuoAkira Fapstronaut

I have performance anxiety, yet I'm the most confident male in any room. I can compete with south americans even (lol), but for whatever reason, I have a weakness behind the scenes.

I navigated dates with dozens of girls last year and naturally, during my initial bonding periods I believed that increasing the number of dates until I'd make the move sexually with a girl was the right thing to do. I thought that it would give me more time to not PMO, something I'm typically motivated not to do when I meet a new woman.

Weird right?

See, the girl doesn't know that I'm balancing NoFap at the same time as getting to know her. I'd see the girl as my vessel to get better, but with the initial frustrations brought on from trying to understand women, typical scenarios, I'd relapse.

Now I relate this aspect of dating concurrently with self-improvement as suicide, because girls can get confused with why things are taking so long, and then lose interest. I found that I drew out the action of showing sexual interest too long, for fear of her being interested and then something not happening, with my problem.

I'd hit 3 or 4 dates.

Way too much. There's kind of a rule there. The girl is not sure who or what you are to them. Friend or potential strung along interest?

Why hasn't he tried to kiss me? Why hasn't he at least touched me?

I'd push all these things back, to give myself 'more time', and then nothing would happen. She'd either be confused, lose interest or just use you for free food, haha.

This year, I will take every single opportunity to push myself, and fail, by being as cheeky as possible, not caring about the consequences.

Women WANT to feel something, which is why they give men their time, it just takes a real one to recognise that.

2. SuperLulox

SuperLulox Fapstronaut

I can relate to this, nice post!

TetsuoAkira likes this.
  3. Enki

Enki Fapstronaut

Dude, I can relate to this post so much. I actually made that goal in the middle of last year and stuck with it for a while. I forgot about it. THANKS FOR REMINDING ME. This was the type of mindset that really opened up my world socially and allowed me to have a lot more fun in the world; you'd be surprised how receptive people actually are to this kind of attitude. I thought it was counterintuitive, but it works apparantly. LOVE IT~

TetsuoAkira and vibemaker like this.
  4. Fork2323

Fork2323 Fapstronaut

What about just telling the girl that you really want to get to know her before you do anything sexually and that you are the type of guy that is not into casual sex. That's what I do. I also am affectionate and hold hands, cuddle, pet, and show some Tlc, a girl digs that.

TetsuoAkira and vibemaker like this.
  5. TetsuoAkira

TetsuoAkira Fapstronaut

I am into casual sex at the start of relationships. I've always had it, as it's an important stepping stone. I just have on and off performance anxiety which I think can only be worked out by taking more risks. It's actually the only thing that stands in my way at this point.

Every woman has the potential to be unlocked by a sharp man, if he plays his cards rights, activates her emotions, treats her with respect, responds and advances correctly, and isn't weird, first and foremost.

If I didn't try to have sex with a woman after she showed interest, despite escalating correctly, then I'd be a complete idiot.

You have essentially warmed a woman up to you, and then pulled away. It's cruel.

In my world, you shouldn't talk about sex with women, but instead feel and learn to sense what she's going through at the time, really, try to get in her head.

Once you've found something there - attack it with full force!!

You can only be rejected.

What's the big deal with that?

6. TetsuoAkira

TetsuoAkira Fapstronaut

Exactly dude! You can't remould a woman's mind and perception of men like a clay figure. Move on asap.

7. Fork2323

Fork2323 Fapstronaut

If your only goal is to get laid, yes then your approach applies. But for me I want something more than to just stick it in any hot chick that wants it. In truth, I am the prize. She has to prove to me that she is worth my time an energy and be someone i want to have in my life. Also, i don't feel it's cruel to not have sex with a girl just because she is turned on. Girls get guys horny all the time and then dont follow through. Is it cruel to you if you are horny and she does not want it? No, she just ain't in the mood. So it can be the same for us. Just because a Girl wants sex, does not mean I have to give it to her. If she needs dick so bad, she can just go find someone off the street, does not mean it has to be me.. there are tons of angry bitchy crazy women who use guys as a human dildo, thru fuck and Chuck guys and hink nothing of it. Just because a Girl wants it is not enough of a reason to give it to her.. yes any woman can be opened if you play your cards right, manipulate her, saduce her, trick her into having sex.. yeah, big deal you conned some girl into having sex. As if that is the prize something.. that life style can boomerang really quickly. Women are excalent saductresses, temptreses, spell casters. They know exactly what they are doing when they cast their spell on you. Then all of a sudden you find yourself locked into some crazy relationship with a bitching complaining woman who then gets pregnant to trap you into payments for 18 years. There is no such thing as sex without consequences. Once a girl spreads her legs, you get the entire package, all her drama, headachs, all her friends and family all come with the package.
    There are a lot of great women that make great partners who are positive supportive people with a kind open heart to share. They are worth waiting for.. not the girl who wants dick so I'm obligated to stick it in because if I don't it's cruel.. that is crazy talk.

8. TetsuoAkira

TetsuoAkira Fapstronaut

Getting laid is not my only goal, but sex is very important to a relationship.

I've never wanted to give a girl the best O of her life more than one who has shit tested the hell out of me, challenged me intellectually and has her life together. Someone who doesn't make it easy. Someone who sets up an obstacle course to test you as a man. If you're not sharp enough, you wouldn't last long.

At the same time, there is a 'use by date' on first encounters and the energy that you transmit over early dates and time spent.

Energy between yourself and the woman is very important, but remember, we don't all have the same schedules in life, and we make things work where they fit in between out jobs, study, friendships, family etc. When things come along, sometimes we take them simply because they are available. Relationships in your 20s can serve a great purpose to discovering yourself, before marriage or life commitment later on.

If you think that there is no such thing as sex with no consequences....we must live very different lifestyles, because I've had plenty of that. As long as you are protected, and respectful, it's something to be enjoyed, but is dangerous to be craved. My last one night stand was just an O on both ends, much better than PMO. I don't need to constantly msg that person and I'm not obligated to initiate a relationship either.

There is no way of framing that in a negative light.

Every human has the potential to be 'unlocked' by another.

I'm combatting my performance anxiety, and attempting to quit PMO.

Why shouldn't I try to enjoy it as much as possible?

Life is an adventure!

9. TetsuoAkira

TetsuoAkira Fapstronaut

Definitely, but you still have to find a great partner.

I get out there and constantly try to meet new people.

I don't sit around waiting for the perfect woman to come into my life.

Every moment can be spent bettering yourself, and giving people a chance.

Dude, you are certainly not obligated to stick your dick in someone, and I think you missed my point - women, and humans in general, desire feeling. It's why we go to the movies, it's why we enjoy laughing, comedy, music, tasting new things.

10. TetsuoAkira

TetsuoAkira Fapstronaut

I had a date recently where it came up that I'd used up my phone data and couldn't play a video.
    The girl joked that I probably looked at too much P.

I stated out loud that I don't look at P, matter of factually, which was a sense of pride, and not a conversation that comes up normally.

Throughout the rest of the day we had multiple jokes about P, and what type she looks at, but it was always lighthearted and never weird.

She's a very witty girl.

I'm probably only a week in my current Reboot, and it's been an interesting one so far, I think holding onto that conversation is important.

I liken it to quitting smoking entirely (I'm a social smoker) where I sometimes state out loud that I'd love to quit, though I never state explicitly when or that I fully intend to.

It can make all the difference. How you think will eventually lead to your actions.