1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What does "walk in the light" mean to you regarding this addiction?

For Fapstronauts who are disciples of Christ

1. Believe85

Believe85 Fapstronaut

I just read this verse from my Oswald Chambers Utmost for His Highest devotion.

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin. -- 1 John 1:7

• Does this forum enable you to walk more in the light?
    • Do you feel some fellowship?
    • Do you feel or at least believe the blood of Jesus trickles from the cross, down to your hair, neck, chest, hips, groin, thighs, knees, calves and feet?
    • Do you feel purified of all sin, even this sin?
    I'm asking myself that question.

Would like to hear answers from others because I don't have all the answers.

I do choose to believe and actually feel that the blood of Jesus is washing away the crud in the neuropathways of my brain I have conditioned as if I were Pavlov's dog responding to a bell for decades.

My wife is on a retreat now and somehow last night I resisted the usual temptations that come to me. I feel like I'm walking in the light more in fellowship, even superficially online, with others.

Knighthawk likes this.
  2. Pmo and lust make me want to hide. Hide in the darkness away from people and God.

Living in the Light of the Lord is living in a free and pure way. Not being afraid, anxious or feeling inadequate. Resting in the grace and love of Jesus, knowing that nothing you could ever do can make Him love you any more or less than He already does. Living in peace.

jk243 likes this.
  3. You sound a lot like me. Here's what I've learned, in brief, after six years of fighting this heart-and-soul: https://www.nofap.com/forum/index.php?posts/1981490/

I hope that's an encouragement to you. I'd love to discuss with you more. Shoot me a note or ping me here, if you're interested. I am praying for you and cheering you on!

4. stands to reason

stands to reason Fapstronaut

Welcome to NoFap® and thank you for your questions.

Greeting from [Stands To Reason.] While communicating in NoFap® Forums, I remain focused on, and only answer the subject of sexual sin. @believer85

John 1:7 actually KJV reads: But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all.

You can do this! For those who desire to lead others, as in a men's group, to be a good accountability partner, a pastor: Remembering the testimony of Jimmy Swaggart. According to my Bible he should have stepped down as a leader to others. He chose to continue. Let them alone: they be blind leaders of the blind. And if the blind lead the blind, both shall fall into the ditch. Then answered Peter and said unto him, Declare unto us this parable. And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding? Meditate on that subject, believer85.

If you taking the initiative our accountable to a brother; you ARE the one reaching out with another. If one is sick (unrepentant struggling sinner) how can one justify in sharing (leading) in fellowship, believing they are walking in the light? Take heed. Do not err, my beloved brethren. Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye? Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye? Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye. This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

• Does this forum enable you to walk more in the light?

No. But this forum does make it possible to share God's light. I walk in His light, from within. Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life. My inner man; my spirit, walking in His Spirit is where my light is. It shines forth because I represent Him. What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? I am the body of Christ.
    No man, when he hath lighted a candle, putteth it in a secret place, neither under a bushel, but on a candlestick, that they which come in may see the light. The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness. Take heed therefore that the light which is in thee be not darkness. If thy whole body therefore be full of light, having no part dark, the whole shall be full of light, as when the bright shining of a candle doth give thee light.

• Do you feel some fellowship?

That's a very general question, so, I'll give what I can based on it as written. Since here am I for Christian exhortation and edification, it is possible to sense that if the intention of the other 'fellow' is in the Spirit. The fruit of the Spirit is what we should all be after, here, as believers. If that's not discerned from me (or you) then MY answer to you would be NO there is no fellowship. Is Jesus is the midst of the two or three involved?...you have my answer.

• Do you feel or at least believe the blood of Jesus trickles from the cross, down to your hair, neck, chest, hips, groin, thighs, knees, calves and feet?

Because I trust on my Lord Jesus Christ as the only Savior. Because I confess Jesus Christ came in the flesh. You should know Christ lives within me. I believe in the complete renewing of my spirit by the purification and the daily compassion's of my God to rescue me. He gives me
    cleansing power to walk with my loving Savior, Jesus Christ and I yearn for more of His Holy Spirit within me, and am not looking for fluffy emotional feelings; an example of warmth from a feeling welcomed at coffee time in a church kitchen so strong I can 'feel' the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit is within me. He's discerned. He's carried within me.

• Do you feel purified of all sin, even this sin?

Another question that contains the word 'feel'? Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling. Seek the fruit of the Spirit.
    But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, Meekness, temperance: against such there is no law. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things. You will not be able to sin when you truly obey His commands. Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you.

For if we sin willfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins. Let not sin therefore reign in your mortal body, that ye should obey it in the lusts thereof. Neither yield ye your members as instruments of unrighteousness unto sin: but yield yourselves unto God, as those that are alive from the dead, and your members as instruments of righteousness unto God. I know that He keeps me from sinning because I have His Word hidden in my heart. How shall a young man cleanse his way? by taking heed thereto according to your word. Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.

Yes, [Stands To Reason] is purified and freed from all sexual sin. Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompense of reward. For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence steadfast unto the end; While it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the provocation. Hoping to be an accountability partner with any true Christian, who is a wise person who will hear, and will increase learning;...

In deed and truth, believe85,

Last edited: Oct 27, 2020