1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What does couples counseling look like for you?

Discussion in 'Rebooting in a Relationship' started by TryingHard2Change, Jan 15, 2018.

1. TryingHard2Change

TryingHard2Change Distinguished Fapstronaut

From June - December, my wife and I did individually counseling (via Skype .. because we were living un Europe and could only find English speaking counseling that way).

Around Christmas time, we agreed to look for and begin couples counseling (in person) -- we found a local CSAT and begin to transition to couples counseling --- so far we have only met with the CSAT individually...I had to go back to Europe (returning home Feb 2nd).

My question for this thread is: What does your couples counseling look like?

I am not looking for details about the content of your counseling/therapy sessions .... I am curious about things like:
    * how often do you meet?
    * individually, as a couple, a combination of the two (if so, is it consistently a set pattern..or just ad hoc)
    * one counselor/therapist or two?
    * what kind? CSAT, other?

If you want to talk at a high level about the sorts of things you talk about / the pace at which things progress / etc. --- that would be great. But I am mostly asking about the parameters/framework of what couples counseling looks like for different PA's/SO's doing couples counseling.

Thanks.

kropo82 and Kenzi like this.