1. Welcome to NoFap! We have disabled new forum accounts from being registered for the time being. In the meantime, you can join our weekly accountability groups.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you think of today's society?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Discussion' started by Deleted Account, Aug 12, 2019.

Is your society obsessed with sex?

1. Yes

82.1%
  2. No

5.1%
  3. Not sure

12.8%
  1. onceaking

onceaking Fapstronaut

Societies have always been obsessed with sex. Nothing is new under the sun. Trouble is some people don't know history so they think there was this golden period of morality when really there wasn't. The first reference to sex in the Bible is in its second chapter, the Roman empire was a sex-crazed culture where paedophilia and rape was an expected and accepted practice, England in the 1600s had shows that were full of sex and naked women and were attended by the King and Queen on a regular basis (its one reason why the Puritans started a war and executed the King). Sure there have been periods of what I'd call pretend morality where people acted like they were so righteous and when the power lauded their self-righteousness over people but such periods were full of hypocrisy and didn't last long. I think if you were to do a complete and honest study of history you'll find more societies that had an open expression of sexuality than those who didn't. Let's not romanticise the past, it wasn't that great!

2. Black ∆ Fang

Black ∆ Fang Fapstronaut

Up until recently, on my nofap journey, I was able to elevate a little from the nowhere level of society and now I realise how seriously we are all fucked up.

Media, movies, music are glamourising sex so much that it creates an impression to have at the cost of ruining your life. They are shoving it down our throat.
    And it sometimes makes you guilty for not being in a relationship.

Im at a point where I can't afford to have a relationship (not financially, but in terms of emotionally and time) and even if feel bad sometimes for not getting laid.

This world is such a dark place to live in...

NamaClature14 likes this.
  3. Well sex is confused with love, mostly, and because so many have taken the significance of sex out of their lives, we are falling "in love" and out of love every 2 months. We have on our hands now an entire generation that cannot differentiate between having sex and being in love and therefore it cheapens it. Frivolous sex, tinder, hook ups, bar scenes, influence people to have what i call a "grasshopper mind". They cannot fully relate, understand or connect with a partner because, well, there are just so many candies in the store I've got to try them all. Leading to a confused, lonely and calloused generation of people who never fully commit to anything or anyone, ever (just in case a new flavor comes out). Unseen levels of divorce and almost 0 ability to be faithful are all direct consequences of the "sexual revolution".

It's funny because initially this was a bold and wonderful thing. Liberating people from religious dogma and repression. Then, like many things, people of power found a way to use it against common folk to confuse them and keep them preoccupied. To destabilize homes, morals and finances all under the happy word "sexual liberation".

Alot of the young men and women today are looking back on these decisions and see how it's absolutely destroying the morals of many countries; AND making it impossible for a man to be chivalrous or a lady to be modest, without being labeled and rejected as a "prune".

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2019
  4. Burn screens, make them go extint

5. Funny, I was just thinking today, that for the longest time when I was growing up in the '80s and '90s, I really had a hard time believing people had sex before 1965. There was hardly any evidence for it! Every movie people were buttoned up and acting so chaste and pop songs never mentioned anything more than kissing. Now everything is reversed.

6. Get_It

Get_It Fapstronaut

We are in the Kali Yuga.
    kaliyuga.jpg

7. StonePlacidity

StonePlacidity Fapstronaut

today's society is a sick and wicked one

8. Some good things. Some bad. I laugh a lot about the stuff going on in the world, I mean my goodness. Some of it is just like whaaaaaa? lol